Old Silver Partial Coin Roll Spill and a Frankie

turf_aholic

May 5, 2009
PNW
Hit a scraped up turf spot and lucked out with a 13 dimes and some other goodies. Buddy I was with surmised it was from a coin roll. Considering the clean surfaces but grungy edges me thinks he was 100% right!
The dimes came from one awesome visit... Funny but two other visits here I got skunked. So not bad going.

IMG_0029.JPG

The second and third visits got the Franklin, wheat's (more but I accidently thru them in my wheat jar) and the cigar car token. Also got a great SF Exposistion token too. Thanks for looking and best in 2014!!

IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

Upvote 11
Cool turfaholic I always wondered where those charms came from.....:icon_scratch:

So these were from the ROI-TAN Cigar promotion called "An Auto A Day Is Given Away". From 1939. You had to write some kind of an ad or something in order to eneter. Pretty funny and a cool token/good luck charm to boot.
Great comments everybody and thanks.

Wow.what a productive hunt. One of my first finds detecting was the S.F. Token like yours. Congrats.

Man , I'd be over the moon with a hunt like that - you had better hunt that place like there's no tomorrow !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back