I know this won't answer all your questions OC, but hopefully it's a fair start.
The spoon seems to be a promotional item from the Meier and Frank Co., Portland, Oregon.
Here are just a few facts that make your really cool find an exceptionally cool find, in my opinion:
Actor Clark Gable worked there selling neckties 1922.
In 1930 the president of the company, Julius L. Meier ran for governor of Oregon as an Independent, won and served as such from 1931-1935.
During World War II, the store conducted the largest single sale of war bonds in the nation, a $32-million sale that lasted two weeks in the store's auditorium.
In 1950 the store installed the longest continuous up/down escalator system in the world (at the time), serving all 17 selling floors of the store and costing $1.5 million.
The store was operated as The Meier and Frank Company from sometime in 1884 until it was sold to the May Department Store chain in 1966, so your spoon was definitely made during those years! I know, I know........................ It narrows down to 80 years though, right? LOL!
The company also operated several restaurants in or near it's stores in these locations:
The Georgian Room, on the 10th floor - Downtown Portland
The Aladdin Restaurant, on the 3rd floor - Lloyd Center
The Homestead Restaurant, on the 2nd floor - Vancouver Mall
The Homestead Restaurant, on the 2nd floor - Washington Square
The Oregon Room, on the main floor - Downtown Salem, Oregon
So it is possible that the spoon came from one of these, and if the place you found it is close to one of them, I'd even say it's probable!
I was really knocked out by how very cool your find is; I mean, just think of all the historical firsts and the national pride associated with such an unassuming object! Who would of thought it, right?
Sorry for the long ramble OC, but as I said, a really cool item!!!
Oh yeah, here's the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meier_&_Frank
Hope this helps a little at least!
Regards
SkyPilot