Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The stamps may not be worth much, but the stamps still on that cover is another matter.
The stamp on the right is Special Delivery. The cover may be a "First Day of Issue".
I can't read what is beneath the 'glare'.

bite_me

Jan 14, 2011
this is a collection of stamps from differant countries dating from 1920's 1930's 1940's a few from the 50's i dont know much about them and there is 265 stamp...could these be sold in the lot and what should i ask...looking to buy a metal detector so i must sell..here's a few picks

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 337
OP
OP
noble

noble

Sep 21, 2010
gloucester
Detector(s) used
tesoro and lazers
can you read what it says from this photo please to macayidon

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Noble:
I believe this will interest you greatly:
http://www.charleslindbergh.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000422
Don.......
PS: Here's another way to express it:
Title: Air mail cover carried by Lindbergh on the Spirit of St. Louis, with stamps & postmarks
Description: 9.2x16.5 cm. (3¾x6½"); sealed but empty.This cover was part of the only official air mail shipments Lindbergh flew on his Spirit of St. Louis, from Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic, to Havana, Cuba. Upon his return to the U.S., following those Caribbean flights, the Spirit of St. Louis was retired forever, and put on permanent exhibition in Washington D.C.'s Smithsonian Institution, never to fly again. The cover is addressed to B.L Rowe, c/o Lawrence A. Colman, at Manzana de Gomez 343, in Havana, Cuba. Rowe, Lindbergh's fellow pilot, piloted an accompanying plane on these Caribbean air mail routes. The cachet stamp is in Spanish, and translates "First Air Mail from Santo Domingo to Havana – Special Flight for Lindbergh with The Spirit of St. Louis". The bag of mail flown to Cuba by Lindbergh was damaged by rain so the covers are rare.
Heading: (Lindbergh, Charles A.)Place Published: Havana, Cuba
Date Published: Feb. 6, 1928
Noble: In essence, you have a historical document that I recommend is BANNER worthy. Congrats !!

OP
OP
noble

noble

Sep 21, 2010
gloucester
Detector(s) used
tesoro and lazers
ok thankyou very much for time and all the information the other place you sent me to a fellow on there must have the same picture as i have so i dont know how many there are DEREK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread