What's new

Old Sterling ring, what does the GR stand for?

finderzzs

Bronze Member
Joined
May 2, 2007
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
423
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Hey any of you find one like this before? Know what the GR stands for? Appreciate the help. Aloha, finderzzs
 

Attachments

  • gr.webp
    gr.webp
    8 KB · Views: 1,842
Here is the response from wolfcreation on e-Bay...sorry it is not much help.

Dear bigcypresshunter,

i really know nothing about this pin, other than I saw one just like it when I listed it and that is how they have it listed? Sorry I'm not to much of a help on this item. thank you


- wolfcreation
 
Upvote 0
Finderzzs this one is a real stumper. I've looked at so many logos I might need a seeing eye dog with my ace250! Never give up!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks greengorilla, I went and emailed her also just now, before I read on the you already emailed her. Oops. Anyways there was a ring like it on ebay also, they just called it a class ring, which it isn't either. I've been stumped to but with you on it :laughing7: I mean if it'll help, I'll come dig the targets for you when your out hunting :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
In 1922 the Girl Reserves ring was offered as the highest achievement of a Girl Reserve - she would then be called a Special Girl Reserve Aide
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Dude, that's awesome, I can't believe it took us 2 years to figure this one out. Thanks a bunch.
 
Upvote 0
finderzzs said:
Dude, that's awesome, I can't believe it took us 2 years to figure this one out. Thanks a bunch.
UW. After 2 years of searching Im glad to finally put this to rest. :wink:
...and thanks Turtlefoot13.

BTW

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear solved check.gif

Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html

Thanks. :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • solved check.gif
    solved check.gif
    589 bytes · Views: 1,493
Upvote 0
Turtlefoot, nice ID! You are making us Missouri boys look good. Wow, two years.
 
Upvote 0
GopherDaGold said:
Wow, two years.
I really wasnt searching for 2 years. I just happen to see the pin while doing research on something else and I notice it had an YWCA inscription on the back. I remembered this old post, searched for it, and posted my findings. If I accidentaly find a clue to an old unsolved what is it, I will go back in the archives and search it out.
 
Upvote 0
Yes you were, BCH. You stayed up late at night with two laptops and a set of Encyclopedia Britannica trying to solve this mystery. It drove you mad! Mad I tell you! (insert Wayne Knight voice-over here)
 

Attachments

  • newman-seinfeld-post-office.webp
    newman-seinfeld-post-office.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0
GopherDaGold said:
Yes you were, BCH. You stayed up late at night with two laptops and a set of Encyclopedia Britannica trying to solve this mystery. It drove you mad! Mad I tell you! (insert Wayne Knight voice-over here)
;D
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom