Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the blighted area being torn down for new development in the City this morning. The lots where houses were torn down were so muddy I couldn't detect on them. I finally went around the perimeter of an abandoned church where the corner stone said it was founded in 1919. The building wasn't nearly that old, so I am guessing the original church was torn down and a new one built on the lot. Most of the lot is asphalt now due to a need for parking space. Just a fringe around the building was huntable. The only thing I could come up with is 29 clad pennies, two nickels, three clad dimes, the business end of a doobie pipe with residue (at a church no less), and an unidentified brass triangular shaped object. I saw one of these on the forum somewhere but don't know if it was ever resolved as to what it is? The front side has some verticle stripes etched into the center with a border of what might be flowers? I'll be going back when it drys out to see what the vacant lots have to offer. Now don't get too excited about this junk! :D Monty
Oh, almost forgot I found a WWII uniform button.

Attachments

• Resize of DSC00559.jpg
    Resize of DSC00559.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread