Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the blighted area being torn down for new development in the City this morning. The lots where houses were torn down were so muddy I couldn't detect on them. I finally went around the perimeter of an abandoned church where the corner stone said it was founded in 1919. The building wasn't nearly that old, so I am guessing the original church was torn down and a new one built on the lot. Most of the lot is asphalt now due to a need for parking space. Just a fringe around the building was huntable. The only thing I could come up with is 29 clad pennies, two nickels, three clad dimes, the business end of a doobie pipe with residue (at a church no less), and an unidentified brass triangular shaped object. I saw one of these on the forum somewhere but don't know if it was ever resolved as to what it is? The front side has some verticle stripes etched into the center with a border of what might be flowers? I'll be going back when it drys out to see what the vacant lots have to offer. Now don't get too excited about this junk! :D Monty
Oh, almost forgot I found a WWII uniform button.

Attachments

• Resize of DSC00559.jpg
    Resize of DSC00559.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hey ...This is a great start...Those teardowns can really give up the ghosts when it comes to finding stuff....you have just scratched the surface....I hate when they blacktop around old buildings also....makes for hard digging! ;)....Need a pin- pointer jackhammer.... :) Keep us updated on those vacant lots!

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Not bad for starters on that site.It may be a little rough hunting , but I'm sure you'll bring home some nice keepers. Best of luck to you & HH!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The "homey's" saw you comin' and ditched the pipe no doubt ;DCongrat's on your find's and hope it drie's up quick for you,sound's like it can only get better....Good luck next go round!!HH..

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty, I think the triangle thing is to a pair of suspenders. I think ;D Nice finds, hopefully it's only the tip of the iceberg. HH

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Monty , you gotta love those construction sites ....tear downs or not anything to do with construction is a detectorists dream spot...........Keep us posted..... 8)

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the well wishes one and all. I am feeling much better now and nearly have all my strength back. I actually got my thighs sore from digging today. I guess it's because I was "down" for so long. Sometimes I worry about my right arm looking like Popeye with all that swinging and digging! No, not that kind of swinging you naughty people! Monty

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Monty,
Great finds there, and you have only touched the surface?

God bless
Peter

S

southbound

Nice haul for one day!!! Hope you can find more there.
Vern

M

mchamby

Glad to hear you are off swinging again and feeling better too. :o :D ;) HH
Mchamby

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds .. keep up seaching you will find more .. i wish i had a place like that to go thru

USTiger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread