What's new

Old Telescope

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to find any information on this telescope . It has no makers marks anywhere that I can find .
it is 16 inches long in the closed position , and over 3 feet long open . It has an extra "short eye piece"

I recently inherited it , I was told never to touch it when I was a little kid . It looks like one that a sea captain would use . Any ideas on age or if it was made in America or maybe Europe ?
 

Attachments

  • telescope 003.webp
    telescope 003.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 467
  • telescope 005.webp
    telescope 005.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 440
  • telescope 010.webp
    telescope 010.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 432
  • telescope 008.webp
    telescope 008.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 431
Great reference gauge...beats using a nickel...

Agree that its old, possibly mid-1800's or earlier. Might want to research scientific instruments as a category.

I realize that's not much help, although if you need a place for storage, please feel free to contact me at XXXXX
 
Upvote 0
Cute pooch, and fantastic find! What kind of dog is she; she looks like my Annie minus the face coloration. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Cute pooch, and fantastic find! What kind of dog is she; she looks like my Annie minus the face coloration. Breezie
The animal shelter said he's part Basset Hound and part English Setter . His name is Buckeye .
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom