What's new

Old tokens and coins

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
9,273
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went hiking and came across some new cellar hole sites. Both were horrible with long grass but it's going to be great next spring when it's all down. I focused my time on one that had some swing able sections and ended up with some decent finds for the conditions. The best finds were two 1832 Nova Scotia half penny tokens, fairly rare 1815 magdalen island one penny token, 1859 Canada one cent and a 1854 New Brunswick one penny. The 1815 and 1854 coins are huge. The soil wasn't kind but hoping some silver lurking around somewhere. By my old maps there should be many more cellar hole to also find in the area. Also found a spoon, winder, round balls and the other usual stuff. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660288.802471.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660304.449667.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660314.832976.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660330.304284.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660341.175661.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660351.798386.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660361.439087.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660379.975547.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660390.111068.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660404.415621.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660414.894415.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660425.525109.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660435.719325.webp

This is what the 1815 magdalen island token would have looked like....
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436660484.451590.webp
 
Upvote 22
The Magdalen Islands is a good find. Just a shame the few I've seen posted are so poor for condition.
 
The Magdalen Islands is a good find. Just a shame the few I've seen posted are so poor for condition.

Hopefully another will turn up down there and be in better condition. All these coins came from close to the shoreline. Maybe farther in when the grass goes the soil will be a bit better.
 
very nice assortment of old coins/tokens!

super cool!!
 
I've yet to see a decent one of those period , mine is in awful shape, but it is what it is, congrats on your Magdalen island token!
 
I've yet to see a decent one of those period , mine is in awful shape, but it is what it is, congrats on your Magdalen island token!

I heard a few people on here found one before. To bad they couldn't post them on here to see the conditions. I am trying a oil soak because I think it can't make things any worse. Got a picture of yours?
 
I found some nice photos of a really nice one. $9000 I think...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436667964.638937.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436667975.214922.webp
 
Hey, those are some really great finds bud, love the clock key! :occasion14:

Looks like you're onto a great site, hope you find silver on your next trip back! :thumbsup:

Dave
 
The Magdalen Islands is a good find. Just a shame the few I've seen posted are so poor for condition.

It would interesting to see what condition one of these tokens would be like if dug further west away from the sea.
Congrats on popping the token not many ever posted up.
 
I heard a few people on here found one before. To bad they couldn't post them on here to see the conditions. I am trying a oil soak because I think it can't make things any worse. Got a picture of yours?

Nothing worth seeing really, just an example , mines worn and corroded, ,,
 
K1 YOU HAVE SOME NICE FINDS.
 
Awesome location your going to have. Bummer you have to wait!
 
Awesome location your going to have. Bummer you have to wait!

Knowing me I'll have to give it another shot even with the grass. Long hiking journey though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom