Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As it turns out, the area Scotk9 and I have been digging is not the "old town dump" as we'd originally believed. For starters, there just isn't enough junk. Most likely it's debris from inside and around the farmhouse that used to occupy the site where the auto body shop Scotk9 works in now stands. Anywho.... Surf? Forget those other bottles. Most of them were probably old curealls, condiments, and shoe polish. Check out what we found today... I'll let Scotk9 post his own pictures, but here is what I took home:

1913 Pennsylvania license plate
1913 PA license plate.jpg

Coolest looking bottle I've ever seen
figure bottle.jpg

Japanese salt & pepper shakers
S&P shakers.jpg

Hind's Honey & Almond Cream, A.S. Hinds Co., Bloomfield NJ U.S.A.
Hind's Honey & Almond Cream.jpg

Decorative ceramic urn - yes, that is a tree root growing through it :icon_scratch:
decorative urn.jpg

Glass butter dish
butter dish.jpg

Small syrup jar
syrup jar.jpg

Another one of Professor Dill's curealls from Norristown, PA - this is larger than the first one from last week
The Dill Co., Norristown PA.jpg

First few from the new hole
20130326_152848.jpg

Kids' fork - nonmetallic; thinking Bakelite, maybe?
kids fork.jpg

I also happened to find 3 more horseshoes before Scotk9 made it outside to join me. Two have the toe grab and spooned heels, one is a bar type. The first one I found (last week) resembles the first two from today; the bar type was unique. We dug out 4 intact cobalt milk of magnesia bottles and 2 broken ones that Scotk9 kept, about 6-8 beer/liquor bottle types that he took for his breweriana collection, what is probably a large IPA bottle but looked cool anyway that he also took, and a bunch more medicinal and condiment bottles that we tossed aside. I also brought home a pair of makeup compacts that are in ACV, although they're probably empty. There was also a silver-plated spoon, it's pretty toasted but I'll try to get a hallmark off it later.

Oh yeah, did I mention the green Ball mason jar? I already had 2 aqua ones here at home (plus the 15 other clear ones I found at a different site) so Scotk9 took that as well. I hope it cleaned up nicely, my dating chart puts it at 1910-1923. Would love to see a nice pic of that!

Gonna take these horseshoes to work to be grit-blasted tomorrow afternoon. I'll post pics when I'm satisfied with their cleanliness.

Turned over 3 boxes of period artifacts to the Hatfield Museum & History Society tonight. The HMHS president had a pretty wide grin when he saw it all :coffee2:

8-) :goldtrophy: :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Upvote 5
YES!!!!!
Love them old patents...

your username...

that's a Crypto/spook rate, right?

I like to call them the liberal wing of the military.

I like to call them the liberal wing of the military.

I shall refrain from saying what the rest of the Navy says about submariners ;)

At least we can be open about it now. To be fair though my wife is the AF equivalent of a CTI.

I shall refrain from saying what the rest of the Navy says about submariners ;)

Hey come on fleet, the shilent shervish allows REAL women now.... It's a different world, no more bags and pretending.... ;)

At least we can be open about it now. To be fair though my wife is the AF equivalent of a CTI.

I DO have a question though, Subs....

A buddy (SWCC now) did subs and he told me that they would mix the cleaning fluid for tubes (or something) with some fruit and make some kind of "hooch" Apparently it was ethyl grain alcohol that you could consume. and it was like 190 proof... Was he jerking my chain?

Last edited:
Nice bottles you have there. I was in the Army myself. 98C. Signals Intelligence. Nothing wrong with that side of the military. HH.

The monopoly guy,planters guy,bottle is awesome. not sure what it is lol. I found one of these sites this afternoon.I do not think I will top that bottle. Congrats on a great find.

The monopoly guy,planters guy,bottle is awesome. not sure what it is lol. I found one of these sites this afternoon.I do not think I will top that bottle. Congrats on a great find.
I thought the same thing...He looks lik a mix between Mr. peanut and the monopoly guy...cool bottle.

766234d1364347665-old-town-dump-old-farmhouse-debris-figure-bottle.jpg

Hey cti4sw,

I think the little glass man with top hat is a candy container, and a pretty cool one.

I'd ask if you could do a natural light photo against a darker background, to better shop his features. Are there any markings on base or heel?

Very cool find, that one.

AmericanDad0064.jpg

PS: Lemme hedge my guess a bit. Depending on the opening under his hat, it's either a candy container, or an aftershave. Either way, it's a cool figural.

m0PyFcfNJRirnK4DAsCa5nA.jpg

Last edited:
Hey cti4sw,

I think the little glass man with top hat is a candy container, and a pretty cool one.

I'd ask if you could do a natural light photo against a darker background, to better shop his features. Are there any markings on base or heel?

Very cool find, that one.

PS: Lemme hedge my guess a bit. Depending on the opening under his hat, it's either a candy container, or an aftershave. Either way, it's a cool figural.

The opening is very small, about the size of a BB. Might you have an age for him?

Love the bottles,especially the little man!

The opening is very small, about the size of a BB. Might you have an age for him?

Hey cti4sw,

That tells me it's a cologne or after shave. Can you see any markings on the bottom? I'd date it 1925-1935, or so. Given the resemblance to the Monopoly man, I'm leaning to the 35 side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back