What's new

Old trailer park Bay Pines area

Warbirder

Jr. Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was an old trailer and mh park directly across from the VA Hospital in Bay Pines. (St. Petersburg area). Must have been a few hundred, going back to 1930 or so. It is now acres of flat land waiting for development. I've wondered if there might be any finds worth bothering with. Anyone? Bob
 
You know, I've thought the same thing on more than one occasion while driving out to Madeira Beach... in fact, I was just looking at the place the other day. From what I remember, when they removed all the trailers, they just crushed them all up and took them off the property. So I'm betting you'd be picking up trash metal all day long. Not sure if it would be truly worth it or not....
Is there even a place to get onto it, with all that gating around the area?

Bran <><
 
probably loaded with trash metal. There's also a used to be park on Park Blvd west of 66th st, one or three on Gandy, two on Fourth St N, two on 9th st s. and a bunch more here and there, all smashed and trashed..

What sucks bad is they made those people move out of all of those parks to build multi unit condos and crap that never materialized. Now we got empty lots where people once lived, many of those people couldn't afford to live in 850.00 a month apartments, so guess where they're living now? It's not in "affordable housing".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom