What's new

Old West type magazines

Drache

Full Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Likely, BC Canada
My great grandfather loved reading these magazines and a few have survived even though they aren't that old but they've been well read and used. They are missing their covers and some are literally falling apart but, if there is an article you want from one of the magazines I've listed below then let me know and I'll scan you a copy of the article if possible. Besides having wild west stories they were also a sort of treasure finders magazine and it's neat reading some of the old ads for metal detectors in some of these magazines (if anyone is interested in these ads I can snap a couple pictures).

True West:
November 1954
Auguest 1955
June 1958
June 1959
August 1959
October 1959
April 1960
June 1961
August 1961
February 1962
April 1962
June 1962
April 1963
October 1963
December 1963
June 1964
February 1964
June 1965
August 1965
December 1966
April 1969
August 1969
October 1970
April 1971
February 1972
June 1972
July 1972
August 1972

The West:
May 1964

Old West:
Summer 1969
Winter 1969

Real West:
October 1957
august 1988

Golden West:
September 1969

Great West:
September 1969

Now there MIGHT be another pile of them somewhere around here and if I find them I'll add them to the list.
 
I'd like to see the old MD ads.
 
thrillathahunt said:
I'd like to see the old MD ads.

sorry for taking so long, I went through three randomly picked magazines and pulled the MD ads out:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3120.webp
    DSCF3120.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF3139.webp
    DSCF3139.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF3138.webp
    DSCF3138.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF3137.webp
    DSCF3137.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF3135.webp
    DSCF3135.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF3133.webp
    DSCF3133.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF3132.webp
    DSCF3132.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF3130.webp
    DSCF3130.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF3128.webp
    DSCF3128.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF3127.webp
    DSCF3127.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF3124.webp
    DSCF3124.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF3122.webp
    DSCF3122.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 147
Here's a couple more:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3144.webp
    DSCF3144.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF3143.webp
    DSCF3143.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF3141.webp
    DSCF3141.webp
    67 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF3140.webp
    DSCF3140.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF3145.webp
    DSCF3145.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 135
Drache, thanx for posting the old nostalgic ads for us! :thumbsup:
 
Wow, thanks for posting those old ads. Some of those look like real contraptions.

White's were expensive back in the day too.
 
Well like I said, that was the ads from only 3 or 4 magazines, there are still TONS more! :tard:

I'm currently posting the firearms ads on a friend's firearm website for him.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom