Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2018
Naperville IL
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found a coin at one of the local playgrounds that's worth a little more than just face value. A 1901 Liberty V Nickel. First 15 minutes out with my new Teknetics Gamma 6000

v3sm.jpg

Upvote 25
Wow, what great shape.Congrats :coffee2:

And welcome to Tnet.

Thanks, now just have to figure out what the value is. How do most of you go about that?

Congratulations on the nice find. I don't know very much about grading coins but here is a site which will give you a ballpark figure.

https://www.coinstudy.com/value-of-v-nickels.html

And if you head over to the "Coins" portion of this forum, I'm sure some folks will chime in as far as the grading of your coin.

Coins

wish I found coins so nice

Thanks, now just have to figure out what the value is. How do most of you go about that?
Look in book minus 40%

Look on the internet minus 60%

Or keep it & not give a Sh*it

I would hit it hard and heavy, going over all twice to make sure there has got to be SILVER_DIMES_QUARTERS --maybe a half dollar around it some where---by the edges. HH

Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. That V is in beautiful condition. Congrats

That’s a fine looking V nickel for sure! The ones that we find in Western Mass all look like they’ve been to “coin hell” and back. Congratulations, and keep on swinging!

Mike

Congratulations on your v nickel..cool coin! Value on dug up coins is tricky. I'd say maybe around two dollars? Condition is everything with coin value. Good luck!

I have found over 50 V-Nickels in New Orleans and not one is as nice as that V Nickel. Every one we have down here is this reddish brown color. As far as worth goes, unless it a key date, not much, but a V Nickel that nice out the ground NOT FOR SALE.

Great looking coin! :occasion14:

Man that’s a pretty coin! I don’t think I’d take $50 for it (and it will never be worth half that)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back