OMG I found a whole bunch of coins in my closet.........

LvDaisyBaby

Mar 10, 2007
Granite City, IL
So as I was looking for something in the closet, I found a bag that caught my eye...there was a coin roll that said old on it...I HAD TO LOOK!

Here's what I found:

~ a 1935 silver peace dollar
~ a 1900 indian head penny
~ 2 old buffalo nickels (cant read the years)
~ 1986 liberty coins...proofs
~ a full roll of walking liberty halves
~ a full roll of susan b anthonys
~ 1 1/2 rolls of silver quarters
~ 2 1/2 rolls of silver dimes
~ a roll of 1964 halves
~ 2 sets of 1979 coins (penny, dime, nickel, quarter, half, and susan b)...one with a red seal and the other with a blue seal (idk what that
means)
~ 7 1976 $2 bills
~ 1 1973 $2 bill

how much do you think this whole set could go for? im just curious to know.
Thanks for listening to my excitement

LvDaisyBaby said:
So as I was looking for something in the closet, I found a bag that caught my eye...there was a coin roll that said old on it...I HAD TO LOOK!

Here's what I found:

~ a 1935 silver peace dollar
~ a 1900 indian head penny
~ 2 old buffalo nickels (cant read the years)
~ 1986 liberty coins...proofs
~ a full roll of walking liberty halves
~ a full roll of susan b anthonys
~ 1 1/2 rolls of silver quarters
~ 2 1/2 rolls of silver dimes
~ a roll of 1964 halves
~ 2 sets of 1979 coins (penny, dime, nickel, quarter, half, and susan b)...one with a red seal and the other with a blue seal (idk what that
means)
~ 7 1976 $2 bills
~ 1 1973 $2 bill

how much do you think this whole set could go for? im just curious to know.
Thanks for listening to my excitement

Date/condition/mint mark could impact the value greatly. If you handle these coins please consider
wearing gloves and only hold them by the edge as the slightest nick could devalue a coin. :wink:

Any pics?

Hello from O'Fallon IL. Here's what you can expect for your cache if there are no key dates or high grade items (don't clean any of the coins and minimize handling ... only from the edges):
~ a 1900 indian head penny - Just a common date and it depends on condition, probably worth around $5
~ 2 old buffalo nickels (cant read the years) - Without dates these are worth about 25 cents each
~ 1986 liberty coins...proofs - If this is the Statue of Liberty $1 and 50 cents, around $20
~ a full roll of walking liberty halves - This has your greatest potential for "treasure" and depends on date, mintmark and condition. Silver value alone will be $73.30
~ a 1935 silver peace dollar - Again depends on condition but average condition is about $25, but a high grade uncirculated could bring between $250~$500
~ a full roll of susan b anthonys - just a small premium over face value so $30
~ 1 1/2 rolls of silver quarters - $111 in melt value, but there could be some key dates hidden in there.
~ 2 1/2 rolls of silver dimes - potential for key dates, melt value = $91.62
~ a roll of 1964 halves - $73.30 in melt
~ 2 sets of 1979 coins (penny, dime, nickel, quarter, half, and susan b)...one with a red seal and the other with a blue seal (idk what that means) - red seal is proof and blue is uncirculated. If the proof set has a type 2 Susan B, it will fetch around $115 otherwise, only $10. The uncirculated set around $9
~ 7 1976 $2 bills - sorry these aren't that rare so only face value
~ 1 1973 $2 bill - face value

Please be very cautious of who you choose to appraise your find. Always get at least two opinions before selling. And finally, congratulations on your find!

The 1979 sets are mint uncirculated sets the red being Denver and the blue fron Phila.
each again around $9 - $10

Joe

thought i went blind for a second there...not the easiest color to read ;D
so where did they come from if they were in your closet :icon_scratch:

Be sure to look closely at the Susie B's. Pay particular attention to the 1979 P coins to see if any are of the Wide Rim/Near Date variety. If so, hold on to them.

Last Active: November 08, 2008, 21:52:40 ::)

Attachments

• ec247047.jpg
    ec247047.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 539
  • ec247047.jpg
    ec247047.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 547

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back