OMG! Noids!

wilkere

Sep 11, 2007
Jacksonville N.C.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Silver Sabre
Today friends it was off to Rocky Point with visions of these in my brain as I cruised down Hwy 17 in the July heat.
GetAttachment.jpg

I pulled into the lot about 1230, and some girls from VA. Tech were just coming out of the pit, dog-tired and sweaty. "Didn't get much at all, and it's too hot"! They warned me as they hightailed it back to Ole Virginia. Me and Fred the Foreman swapped some Marine Corps stories, then he mentioned that very few fossil hunters have been coming by during the summer. And folks, he was right! I only saw one set of footprints and that was in the popular Kellum Zone.
DSC00632.JPG

Rocky Point has changed quite a bit from the springtime. First, the Northern hills which were old and weathered and where most of the Auriculitis's were found in the past is, well..... all gone. You can kiss your Ricky finds goodbye. Like Fred the Foreman said " There isn't many teeth coming from the southern edge of the mine". And he's right. There just ain't much of a chance in finding any big teeth on the south side. However, if your into Noids errr I mean Echnoids then you are in for a treat. At least I was cuz there hasn't been anyone through the area. Noids were plentiful, I only picked up perfect ones and the others I chucked at the birds. I follow that great fossil theologian Meg-Head's motto which is "Buddy! Just how many Noids do you really need? They're a girl fossil man!”

DSC00639.JPG

But hey, I did find some weird stuff, and as always weird stuff is good! Maybe I'll be enlightened on some of these ultra-rare finds and Bill Gates will contact me soon thereafter.
MakoBoy http://www.okinawarelics.com

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00632.JPG
    DSC00632.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00639.JPG
    DSC00639.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 304

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! what a day!! I would love to find just one of those teeth. I'd be doing a jig all the way home!

C

Cappy Z.

I wish you'd elaborate on those round fossils. Noids? Do you open them up?
Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions