What's new

OMG Somebody Wake Me Up!

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I must be having a bad dream and cant wake up. I was downtown today and it was pouring rain. I got excited so I drove the 10 miles to my hunting area and not a single drop of rain had fallen :sadsmiley:. Its been so dry the cotton is getting pulled early which is great but with no rain its a bad thing for me. They are plowing many of the fields after harvest but with no rain there is nothing but dirt clogs every place.
The creeks are drying up but now the leaves are falling and covering up all of the new spots to hunt. Its quite miserable rite now is all I can say. I hope others are having better luck than me. Might be a while before I post again, rock
 
Upvote 0
My area of the piedmont NC has had about 6" of rain since May........total. Usually get that amount in about 1.5 months.
 
We are getting rain but for some reason it falls all around the area I can hunt. None has fallen on the fields where I can go. I drove by yesterday and they have plowed 3 more fields. They usually don't plant in the winter so hopefully it wont grow back to soon.
 
Dry, dry, dry here in northeast Oklahoma, my creek is almost as low as the peak period of the drought two years ago, pretty sure I've scoured every flake available, every old bottle , every bit of old metal trash....as for snakes...don't kill them! unless it's venomous and too near people,,,and just removing it would be better..We are losing snakes too, and we need them..:D I challenge you to defeat your fear of them, if you have a fear of them. Personally, I fear people! but am slowly confronting that fear, and learning that some are actually quite docile and harmless!! lol, everyone have a great day, and Happy Hunting

naturegirl
 
Well as a matter of fact I am not to fond of snakes. One time I was hunting with a guy and a big water snake jumped in front of me. I yelled out and my friend thought it was funny and kept throwing rocks and sticks in the bushes every chance he got after that. Im just glad it wasn't the bad kind of snake. Im glad to see the frogs making such a good comeback around our area now. They like to eat the bugs that bite me. I don't kill the snakes I go my way and let them go theirs.
 
Lots of rain in north central Florida right now. A storm knocked out my power for 5 hours the other day.
 
Lots of rain in north central Florida right now. A storm knocked out my power for 5 hours the other day.

Yeah I heard Florida is getting pounded with rain. The storm isn't going far enough north to hit my area. They say Friday but I will see. I wont get my hopes up cause they must have hired elementary students to predict their weather. Everyone is doing pay cuts now days :laughing7:
 
They predicted rain in our area but we only got 3/10ths of an inch total, but Putney near Albany got 5 inches if I heard right.
 
They predicted rain in our area but we only got 3/10ths of an inch total, but Putney near Albany got 5 inches if I heard right.
You heard right. I am just north of the Albany/Dougherty county line but I work in Albany. Monday was a soggy day to say the least.
 
No measurable rain up here either Rock…and now we are entering the driest month…that is not good…hope something comes soon for you to wipe off the dirt and dust so you can find some stuff.

They say rain tonight I sure hope they aren't wrong. I drove by the area where I hunt at and there are 4 fields cleared and plowed. That sure would keep me busy for a while. I did some yard work today cause the farmers were out in their fields working. About the worst thing you can do is bother them while they are busy. That is the quickest way to lose access to a field you have permission to hunt.
 
Hey Rock I know what you mean about being dry. I went to one of the new fields I was given permission to hunt. It was worked up so well and it was sooooo dry that it was like trying to walk in a very deep powder. I made one round and had to empty my shoes 5 times. I decided to leave and go back when we get a good rain. That's been 3 weeks ago. Nothing of significance yet. Did get a light shower last night but just enough to settle the dust.
 
They say rain tonight I sure hope they aren't wrong. I drove by the area where I hunt at and there are 4 fields cleared and plowed. That sure would keep me busy for a while. I did some yard work today cause the farmers were out in their fields working. About the worst thing you can do is bother them while they are busy. That is the quickest way to lose access to a field you have permission to hunt.

Well it was pouring this morning here…so I hope as I write this you are out walking your spots…look forward to seeing what you found.
 
Hey Rock I know what you mean about being dry. I went to one of the new fields I was given permission to hunt. It was worked up so well and it was sooooo dry that it was like trying to walk in a very deep powder. I made one round and had to empty my shoes 5 times. I decided to leave and go back when we get a good rain. That's been 3 weeks ago. Nothing of significance yet. Did get a light shower last night but just enough to settle the dust.

Well we did get some rain this morning hard down pour. I drove by the fields on my way home today from work. Im hoping it was enough and will find out next week.
 
Well it was pouring this morning here…so I hope as I write this you are out walking your spots…look forward to seeing what you found.

I did talk to the owner today and he said it should be dry enough by my next day off to walk it. I will let you know then. I got a few new fields this yr to checkout which is exciting for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom