Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've often done an advance search for completed listings and have discovered the item I'm interested in to see what has gone on before the current listing.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm familiar with doing a completed listings search. I was thinking a step ahead of that actually, with harder to find items, where there aren't many recently completed or currently listed ones to compare prices with.
I was thinking about this because, I ran across an item recently where there were none currently listed and only one that had recently sold and it sold with a buy it now price.
I figured if I knew how long it was listed before it sold, then I would know how reasonable (or not) the price was and/or how much demand there is for the item. If the thing sold in the first hour it was listed, then I would know that it was probably listed too low. Does that make sense?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an example. I just found this exact item today at an estate sale. Remember Pearl Harbor Scarf | eBay

It's the only one that has sold recently and there are none exactly like it now listed, only a similar one that is half the size. I just wonder how long that was listed for before it sold for that $100 BIN price. It seems quite high to me in my opinion.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Dig, are you using your phone or computer? I'm on my phone now, so I can't look it up. I know I've seen on my auctions after they sold what the start date was. Maybe try looking at the original auction on the computer, and see if there is more information.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digs, when I pulled up your link it says "unsold" under it.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig, are you using your phone or computer? I'm on my phone now, so I can't look it up. I know I've seen on my auctions after they sold what the start date was. Maybe try looking at the original auction on the computer, and see if there is more information.
Yeah, you can see auction start dates but not BIN start dates, only the date when they were sold.

Digs, when I pulled up your link it says "unsold" under it.
That's funny. I checked sold listings and completed listings to see if it was previously listed. The only one I found shows as sold with no prior listings- Remember Pearl Harbor Scarf | eBay

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you can see auction start dates but not BIN start dates, only the date when they were sold.

That's funny. I checked sold listings and completed listings to see if it was previously listed. The only one I found shows as sold with no prior listings- Remember Pearl Harbor Scarf | eBay

I tried again and when I selected the scarf this is what I see, it says "unsold" under the $100 price. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448331790.443177.jpg

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway, that wasn't your question. I don't know the answer to that. Lol. 🙃

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried again and when I selected the scarf this is what I see, it says "unsold" under the $100 price. View attachment 1239221
Very strange. I'll have to search with my phone in a bit a see what mine shows. Maybe it's some mobile app glitch, who knows but thanks for showing me. At any rate I listed mine for the same price, so we'll see what happens.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. That is so weird! I clicked on your link again and clicked on the scarf and still says "unsold". I go directly to eBay and search completed listings, boom "sold". Crazy! Haha. Did you go back and get the scarf?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. That is so weird! I clicked on your link again and clicked on the scarf and still says "unsold". I go directly to eBay and search completed listings, boom "sold". Crazy! Haha. Did you go back and get the scarf?
Oh yeah. Bought it when we first saw it. It was only .50. How could I pass that up, lol. Actually the wife spied it before me so the credit is hers. This all came about afterwards at home, when I started researching the completed listings before listing mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions