Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That show is called "If Walls Could Talk".

It's on quite a bit on HGTV. Really interesting finds. :)

T

TreasureTales

It's a great show! Sometimes the items found were purposely placed there and other things seem to have accidently slipped into the walls.

One time I owned a house that was in bad need of repairs and upgrades. One evening I noticed a small opening in some of the remodel work that was being done. I slipped a couple of Ike Dollars into the slot with the idea that someday somebody would tear down that wall and find those dollars. I figured the finder would be very excited. Kind of like planting a little treasure for future treasure hunters. I no longer live there, and haven't done the same thing in my current home yet. Maybe I will someday, but I'd use State Quarters instead of Ike Dollars because I'm now on a fixed income. LOL I've also planted small bottles with clad coins in various places NOT on my property, for future treasure hunters to find and marvel at.

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
A great show. Makes me want to take a sledge hammer to my walls. Oh they would be talking alright. :o

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
This is without a shadow of a doubt one of my all time FAVORITE OF FAVORITE shows! ;D

It is so neat to see before & after pictures of the houses, to learn info the new owners have discovered of previous owners, always interesting when relatives of previous owners stop by for a surprise visit!

I think the stories that really grab my interest are the ones where people buy the house & the previous owners have left it full of items. . furniture, pictures, clothes, so forth so forth! I am always in awe that someone just packed up & left & no relative was able or carried to go to the house & retrieve some items!

Favorite show indeed . . also a great family show which makes it really special! ;D

Bogart :D

B

brooksy10366

its on 7 p.m. week nights and 11:00 p.m. on sunday nights love that show myself

shadowwalker

Feb 19, 2006
I thought I was the oddball that did this. When ever I remodel a house or room in one. I put a tin container with a complete newspaper, some money, and a popular toy. I set this with the lip seales with wax, coat the tin with grease. I also have my full name with my wifes in the box. I thought this was just fun to do. Cool.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I sell commercial air time on cable networks for a living. I am embarrased to say that I was not aware of this show. I will have to check it out. Maybe I will put some of my White's dealer's commercials on during it!

T

TreasureTales

Neil in West Jersey said:
I sell commercial air time on cable networks for a living. I am embarrased to say that I was not aware of this show. I will have to check it out. Maybe I will put some of my White's dealer's commercials on during it!

Oh, so you're the guy who puts all those commercials on cable TV. Grrrrrr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread