Thompson 1928 | Old Submachine Gun Restoration

HUH ? What makes you think that ?
jealousy ?

I saw nothing fake about it :dontknow:

HUH ? What makes you think that ?
jealousy ?

I saw nothing fake about it :dontknow:
Why would I be jealous? Read the comments on the video. Thus joker has a history of fake aging crap and then performing miracles. Cmon man.

These people Never saw a Gun that was in Mud, Under Water for Years.

I Saw Nothing Fake.

It Probably took him a Month or more .
IF they think he Did it in the time to Shoot the Video

These people Never say a Gun that was in Mud, Under Water for Years.

I Saw Nothing Fake.
Look at the screw threads and recoil spring. He forgot to rig those. The guitar he did looks like it was dipped in the same stuff as this gun. 😂

Sorry I'm not going to Argue on TNet.
I Went Farther then I wanted to already :tongue3:

Your/Their "opinion" Is Noted :coffee2:/ :tongue3:

Last edited:
That’s the real deal. That guy is good. Most modern gunsmith’s have never held a Thompson, let alone know how to restore one. I’ve watched similar videos from Russia of guys restoring WW2 machine guns found in forests and swamps in Russia. The problem with the restored Thompson is that it can’t be registered and is illegal. After a certain date, all unregistered full autos could no longer be registered. At least in the US.

I'm not a Gun Person myself, But I heard something in the past
that The Firing Pin makes Something illegal :dontknow:
Don't know if it was a Machine gun . This was 20 or so years ago :dontknow:

Removing the firing pin generally isn’t enough. It has to be made permanently inoperable — having the barrel sealed or similar.

that The Firing
You can own one but it takes a special license from the govt. Very hard to get, very expensive. I belive its a class 3.

Last edited:
You can own one but you need a special license from the govt. I believe

You can own one but it takes a special license from the govt. Very hard to get, very expensive. I belive its a class 5.
Not that hard to get the full auto license. The guns are the expensive part. I believe the tax stamp for the license is $200, or at least it was.

From Gone Outdoors.com

"If you live in the United States and want to own a fully automatic weapon, it is possible, but there are many restrictions and controls in place. The gun itself cannot be one that was manufactured after May 1986, which places a limit on the number available to buy. This means that once you are licensed, the only weapons you can hope to buy legally are on the resale market. As a result, the prices for the weapons are quite high. In some states, fully automatic weapons are illegal, regardless of whether you are licensed by the federal government. Check with your state authorities before bothering with the federal process.

Contact the Bureau of Tobacco and Firearms and request an application for the permit. You should receive it in a few weeks. Alternatively you can go to their website to download and print a PDF copy of Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm (form 5320.4).

Fill out the application and submit it. Along with the permit application, you must submit a copy of your fingerprints and two passport-type photos. They will conduct a criminal background check.
Send the $200 fee upon receiving your approval. This fee is required for each weapon that you buy, meaning if you are buying two, you will pay $400.

Keep the permit with the weapon at all times, whether in storage or in transit. You must also keep it stored in a securely locked safe. The Bureau has the right to inspect this storage at any time."

I have seen some of his videos and they are pretty sketchy, not saying it is or isn’t. I’ve restored a 16ga A5 that was stolen and thrown in a canal with a bunch of other guns. When he got them back he just soaked it with wd40 and wrapped it in plastic. I was out in his shop years later and he offered it to me along with some hurricane flooded guns that was given to him. It was an oily, rust covered mess and the wood was rust covered like this gun, but all the springs were in bad shape and some had to be replaced. I had to sand the wood down and reblue everything metal. I gave it back as a thanks for the other guns. I wished I took a before, but you can still see the pitting and I wasn’t able to sand down past the stained wood because of the checking.
That was just from a week or so in water and then soaked in oil. I can’t imagine being buried for 80 years or whatever.
30B1D6F5-3F05-41B4-80E7-54DE2614CC2E.jpeg

from a Evansville Indiana Newspaper Re Gang Warfare Illinois
000bbb.jpg

as Good as Saving Gold :coffee2:

000aaa.jpg

would almost break me lol

Last edited:
I have seen some of his videos and they are pretty sketchy, not saying it is or isn’t. I’ve restored a 16ga A5 that was stolen and thrown in a canal with a bunch of other guns. When he got them back he just soaked it with wd40 and wrapped it in plastic. I was out in his shop years later and he offered it to me along with some hurricane flooded guns that was given to him. It was an oily, rust covered mess and the wood was rust covered like this gun, but all the springs were in bad shape and some had to be replaced. I had to sand the wood down and reblue everything metal. I gave it back as a thanks for the other guns. I wished I took a before, but you can still see the pitting and I wasn’t able to sand down past the stained wood because of the checking.
That was just from a week or so in water and then soaked in oil. I can’t imagine being buried for 80 years or whatever.View attachment 2151279
I've seen a few of his Restorations.
Unless he has Access To Every Model of Gun & Every other Item He Starts out with & Is Able to Tear the New Ones and damaged Ones down and Pretend :tongue3:

Seems like a Lot of Work Buying or renting everything
He Finds or is given for restoration so he has good & Bad one

and then Keep doing it when Called out :tongue3:

I Didn't watch the Gutted Rolex Restoration .
Now that was obviously a Replacement of the Guts.
no one but Rolex makes rolex

Last edited:
I've seen a few of his Restorations.
Unless he has Access To Every Model of Gun & Every other Item He Starts out with & Is Able to Tear the New Ones and damaged Ones down and Pretend :tongue3:

Seems like a Lot of Work Buying or renting everything
He Finds or is given for restoration so he has good & Bad one

and then Keep doing it when Called out :tongue3:

I Didn't watch the Gutted Rolex Restoration .
Now that was obviously a Replacement of the Guts.
no one but Rolex makes rolex
I'm a watch guy, I didn't know that fraud restored a rolex. Can you send me a link to that please? 🤣

it wasn't the Expert above

the case can be restored and perhaps the face.
but I'd be surprised on the Hands & Guts, unless it's all Gold,
or still pristine inside. I don't know Rolex except those that like to Brag Buy or steal them to show off

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back