What's new

Once upon a dream box...

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,896
Golden Thread
1
Location
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I'd post my dream box for your viewing pleasure. It was found long ago in a galaxy right next door which is still really far away because galaxies are big lol. It was actually a bigger score than just a dream. It was a dream box and another 80 coins from the next in a two box order. I haven't seen enough action posted in the coin hunting section in months due to summer shortages so I figured I'd post some dreamy coin smut for my fellow addicts. IMG_20161005_224622026.webpIMG_20161005_142103965.webpIMG_20161006_153319319.webpIMG_20161016_192900010.webp
 
Upvote 0
I remember about a year ago , opening a box and seeing a Walker , a Frankie , and a silver Ken or two . The box gave up 50 - 90 percenters. I haven't hunted boxes in a while - thanks for the smut - I kinda needed a fix !
 
I remember about a year ago , opening a box and seeing a Walker , a Frankie , and a silver Ken or two . The box gave up 50 - 90 percenters. I haven't hunted boxes in a while - thanks for the smut - I kinda needed a fix !

Lucky you! I picked up a box in Santa Fe while on vacation and found nothing. At least the watermelon drink at Posa's was good.
 
One of the other guys on here in my area caught a chunk of this collection dump which must have been massive.
 
This is where catching a bag off of a machine would CATCH THEM ALL. One of these days somebody will.
 
So being unfamiliar with the terminology here, I'm guessing this is going to the back and buying a quantity of rolled coins and hoping to get lucky, right? Used to do that long ago looking for the elusive 1909-S VDB pennies. Back when wheat pennies were more common.
 
Very nice. I wish I could still find Silver like that.

I still recall MountainMan2’s super dream box, the mother of all dream boxes. Damn where does the time go?
 
Last edited:
So being unfamiliar with the terminology here, I'm guessing this is going to the back and buying a quantity of rolled coins and hoping to get lucky, right? Used to do that long ago looking for the elusive 1909-S VDB pennies. Back when wheat pennies were more common.

A dream box is when you buy a box of coins and it has over 100 silver. The equivalent on cent boxes would be 100 wheaties.
 
The mother of all dream boxes. I remember refreshing the page waiting for him to update the thread. Those were the days, my man. :laughing7:

Thanks for the memories. I just looked up the silver price back then and it was right around the current price. I do miss those days.

65GT350
 
Good lord those pictures are beautiful. I can only imagine the grin on your face going through them.
 
Awesome Box order, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:
 
Does anyone remember who it was that got a box that had somewhere in the ball park of 800 40%? I’m starting to think I may have saw that on another forum but I’m not sure.
 
Does anyone remember who it was that got a box that had somewhere in the ball park of 800 40%? I’m starting to think I may have saw that on another forum but I’m not sure.

That may have been the legendary Obediah. He had some pretty magnificent finds from ‘08-‘12.
 
I remember reading it over & over, like a record. Great find & story.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom