One bank blitz plan - Thoughts?

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
As I noted in my recent posts, I have one bank that seems to be producing very well right now. Out of 15 boxes from this bank in the last two months, I am averaging a little better than 1 90% and 3 40% coins per box. While this is good, I am greatly encouraged by the distribution of those finds:

Box 1: 19 40%
Box 2: 2 40%
Box 3: 1 40%
Box 4: 4 90%, 4 40%
Box 5: 1 40%
Box 6: skunk
Box 7: skunk
Box 8: skunk
Box 9: 1 40%
Box 10: 4 90%, 10 40%
Box 11: 6 90%, 7 40%

Box 12: 1 40%
Box 13: skunk

Of 13 boxes I have had 4 skunks, 5 okay, and 4 awesome boxes (average of 3.5 90%s and 10 40%s in the awesome boxes). My working theory is that the good boxes represent some older stock of coin, and the others are more recent dumps that are getting piled on top of the older stock I keep scraping the surface of.

My hope is that if I can up my order significantly I can clear through the newer dumps and get further down the pile of older coins. To do this I am planning what I am going to call a one bank blitz. My source for all these boxes has been one particular big bank with dozens of branches in the area (this is a very large metro area), so my plan is to order 4 boxes ($2k) worth from 12 different branches each week. Some of these branches I have ordered from before, while others will be my first attempt. Thankfully there are tons of branches, so I can easily pick another if another refuse to order. I plan to repeat this for four weeks, which if successful would mean going through $96k of coin. :o

My only worry is that I might raise a red flag with the pickup bank when they see my additional 48 boxes total per week in halves going to their branches. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
I ould pickup and dump at different banks if I was you but thats just me.

I ould pickup and dump at different banks if I was you but thats just me.

That goes without saying. I never dump at my pickup bank. I use one of the other big banks for my dumps. They don't have as many branches as my pickup bank, or as good of hours, but I am still able to spread the wealth around sufficiently. =)

That's what I did. It didn't pan out in Phoenix, but the idea IS worth doing. I say go fo rit, and just be careful with your dumps. the pick up bacnk should have no problem with it. I went to many branches too, and picked up over $40K in halvbes in ONE week. Never heard a word about it from any branch. And if you do? Then you move to the next branch, and your plan still works. :-)

Yep, worth doing.

Good luck, would be interesting to know just how many dollars in halves the local FRB's are sitting on.

That's what I did. It didn't pan out in Phoenix, but the idea IS worth doing. I say go fo rit, and just be careful with your dumps. the pick up bacnk should have no problem with it. I went to many branches too, and picked up over $40K in halvbes in ONE week. Never heard a word about it from any branch. And if you do? Then you move to the next branch, and your plan still works. :-)

Yep, worth doing.

Thanks jrf30! Your experiment, although it didn't produce well, if part of the inspiration for my plan, so I'm glad to hear your thoughts. I wasn't sure whether concentrating all of my activity on one bank (albeit spreading the orders over several branches) would cause issues. My CRH funds aren't quite to the level yours are, so I will likely be searching and dumping multiple times each week to keep this going.

Good luck, would be interesting to know just how many dollars in halves the local FRB's are sitting on.

I've always wondered about that as well, along with just how many halves a mega bank like this has before they have to go back to the FRB. I think I would have to do this for a long time before I could get to that point, if ever. Chances are too that someone else will end up dumping at my pickup bank further slowing that process. Even if someone were to exhaust the supply from one bank, I have my doubts whether they would go back to the FRB for more or just come back saying they can't get halves anymore from their carrier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back