Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I got out Saturday with Shovelnose to a new spot. It was in the woods & very tough hunting with all the vines & roots. Needless to say he kicked my butt! He found a merc to start. Then he shows me a coin, an 1870 three cent! Then, he says, come here there's something else in the hole! I looked down & saw silver. He pulls it out & its an 1841 half dime! A few minutes later he pops out a 1943 Mexican silver! What did I get? Nada! A bunch if junk basically. I was happy for John but admittedly a little jealous! (Just a little lol). We ended the day (30 minutes) at a 1875 home where he found the script I last week. I found this rein guide which is a pretty neat reluc in my book. It's got a nice green patina & probably dates from around the time the house was built. Nothing groundbreaking (seems to be my luck lately) but it was nice to get out & do some swinging. Check out Shivelnoses post to check out his awesome finds. Thanks for looking & HH!

Attachments

• image-3091912996.jpg
    image-3091912996.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3153193159.jpg
    image-3153193159.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll get him next time. :thumbsup: Congrats on the rein guide.
-MM-

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need that rein guide to "rein" shovelnose in! He is killing it the last few days. Keep at it...your day is coming.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a neat find! Your goodies are out there waiting! HH!

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been great hunting for me lately. This family we have just met has been so good in pointing us in the right direction. They and their friends have been in area for over 100 yrs. I have to say that since I have been using the ET and TTF my finds for the old coins has really shot up. You were kicking my rear at the old sites when I was using the Safari. It just didn't handle iron laden sites as well. Hopefully with one of the brothers coming back into town he will point me toward some more sites that he has told me about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread