What's new

One last opportunity tomorrow, need feedback

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2013
Messages
985
Reaction score
675
Golden Thread
0
Location
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'm in the Spanish Main and so far gold and silver have evaded me. I've got about 40 hours in (a lot with my wife too), found a ton of clad, spoons, all kinda of tiny foil and ptabs and the tiniest of buttons. I've hit the biggest (and wealthiest) resorts both in the wet up to my neck and the dry, even moved lounge chairs. I'm running out of time here and need to know what you'd do. Dry or wet? I can hunt 3 or 4 hours tops tomorrow. My feet are all torn up from getting sand in my water shoes and rubbing in the water! My missed breath moment turned out to be a huge "bling" Ice King junk watch.

One more day and it'll be back to real life!

I've got the sea hunter 2 which has been hitting some amazingly deep finds and the AT Pro for the dry (no, it really doesn't work in the salt here, auto gb at 12 and it still falses like crazy, I've tried it).

I'll tell ya all about the trip and permission I have when I get back from this beautiful and magical place, but I wanna find some gold!!!! Help! The beach stretches 5 miles and I can walk 100 yards and not get a hint of a tone, then bottle cap, bottle cap, wire, penny, bahh!

9unenaba.jpg


y7abyvy8.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Hang in there! If I were in your shoes I would hydrate tonight, take bars, food and water on my person and hunt all 240 min no breaks!

Good luck!
 
Oh, and I would be in the water!
 
Work the wet between the high & low tide lines.
 
GO BACK TO WHERE YOU GOT THOSE GREEN COINS
 
Try a deeper coil!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Try the wet sand slope following out the high tide.

I wish you the best out there.

LOrraine
 
It's August, very hot and a lot of soft sand. Stay in the drink where it's cool with the deepest machine you have. Enjoy your last hunt. :thumbsup:
 
If I were in your shoes I would change gears and start hunting in areas that would have some History close to the surface.
Areas of old homes or any open areas close to historical buildings or waterways.. Cool kind of keepsakes from your trip could be old silver coins
 
Last edited:
lots of beach. hunt in the water .most importantly where majority of people hang.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom