One lonely beep today...

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been this park thousands of times over the last TEN years...one of those places that is simply enjoyable to work and usually produces something. I've pulled countless wheats, silvers, rings...you name it. Hits starting to get thin these days though.

But right in the middle of the main path I've walked hundreds of times, a nice solid thump in my headphones...flip over a little plug and there's a shinny white rim sticking out. Not a wheat anywhere it sight...just one old coin, 1917 merc :-)

Go figure.

Beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 569
Upvote 0

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
perseverance pays!

I have a couple of old sites I need to revisit too.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DJ, Wonderful ! Thats all it would take to make my day. There is just something so sweet about the

merc. I've only found one in my 1st year of MDing and i am dreaming of finding many more. thanks

for the nice big pic. Gregory, Santa Fe.

OP
OP
diamondjim

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gregory said:
DJ, Wonderful ! Thats all it would take to make my day. There is just something so sweet about the

merc. I've only found one in my 1st year of MDing and i am dreaming of finding many more. thanks

for the nice big pic. Gregory, Santa Fe.
I've dug plenty over the years but STILL a thrill to see that shinny rim of a silver coin poking out of the dirt. I can tell you it never gets old. Happy with this one too...many of the early mercs come out pretty worn, but this one deserved a big pic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread