What's new

✅ SOLVED One more button with tons of gilt.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
3,105
Golden Thread
2
Location
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okay last Tuesday I dug this button near where I got the staff officer button yesterday. I didn’t think much of it, especially not having a backmark. Figured it would be hard to date. I just hit it with a little aluminum jelly and it cleaned up pretty good. The shank and mold seam looks like it could be old. Wish it had a backmark. After finding that 1840’s eagle button, I’m really starting this one could be 1850’sish as well. What do you guys think?
E0A075D3-8392-4D91-BFF2-F72D5A160BA1.webpCC41D047-ECA0-4547-ABDB-2CAE904D4980.webp63E2380D-85A4-44B3-B888-D165922605FC.webp90C51480-1EF7-4D8A-BEBB-BEB38E97EEAC.webp
 
Just a bit earlier I’d guess.
Looks like you found a great site!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nice button, congrats!!
 
Upvote 0
Nice button. Great shape. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
Holy cow that is beautiful! Congrats!
 
Upvote 0
Very nice my friend very nice.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom