fossis
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jan 5, 2007
- Messages
- 7,837
- Reaction score
- 100
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- eastern Oklahoma
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
badandy said:Neat, I haven't seen one like that before.
badandy
MEinWV said:Great looking item! How big is it? Other than the one I found, yours is the first I have seen anywhere. Mine is shaped more like, and is about the size of a loaf of bread and weighs around 15 lbs.
The top and bottom are covered with pock marks rather than around the edges. I refer to mine as a "workbench". I found it along a river where waterworn flint nodules were processed into points.
I will try to post a pic of it soon.
Thanks for showing us!
pickaway said:Yeah that is a nice find there,congrats...
Matt R said:I've seen a few metate / nutting stone combos before. Are both sides utilized on it, or just one?
Adena_man said:I have never seen one like that either. How much does it weigh?
Very nice find Fossis!
Brian
bean man said:That's really cool Fossis! I think it demonstrates human nature. Men tend to do things side by side, women face to face.

Christ_in_you said:Sweet Fossis. Right after I asked. I agree with the paint cup theory. Nice bowl.
Great find Fossis! I had a buddy who found one a lot like it Jefffossis said:I found this grinding bowl several years ago, it was used on both sides, but one side has 'indentions' all around the
rim, they look to have been used for breaking nuts, or decoration.
Fossis...........
OK, it's hard for me, but I'll try. What I was trying to say is that, for thousands of years, men hunted side by side and communicated more by hand signals and body signs, where as the woman, teaming up to do their work, would face each other and communicate more with talk. I think you can still see the effects today in the way men and woman interact with the same sex. Your communal nutting stone, made me think about that. I got to go now, being serious gave me a headache. 
Johnny X said:Yes! Very Nice Find Fossis!
xstevenx