What's new

“One-of-a-Kind Natural Wood Art – ‘Doberman Pinscher’ Knot Unaltered, Framed, Found in Oregon

IMG_20260709_123009.webp
which Rockface do you like?
 
I found this when excavating a Neolithic layer in the side of an ancient ditch near where I live, which has also yielded a few flint artefacts. Entirely natural, but I like to think that it may have been curated by someone who saw what I saw.

Mr Grumpy Rock.webp
 
Titled “Doberman Pinscher,” this one-of-a-kind natural wood knot was found in Oregon — completely untouched, unaltered, and shaped only by time and the elements. The moment you see it, you’ll feel something. Look closely... and you’ll find the striking head of a Doberman Pinscher emerging from the wood grain. It’s not carved. It’s not painted. It just is.
Framed and preserved, standing 22.5 inches tall and 6 inches wide, this rare piece is both a conversation starter and a timeless mystery. Whether you’re a collector, art lover, or someone who loves the strange and beautiful — this is for you.
Only one exists. Only one will ever exist.

Youtube
I see an entire men's glee club making love to an elephant.
 
I found this when excavating a Neolithic layer in the side of an ancient ditch near where I live, which has also yielded a few flint artefacts. Entirely natural, but I like to think that it may have been curated by someone who saw what I saw.

View attachment 2259226
Very nice
 
I found this when excavating a Neolithic layer in the side of an ancient ditch near where I live, which has also yielded a few flint artefacts. Entirely natural, but I like to think that it may have been curated by someone who saw what I saw.

View attachment 2259226
Rather unhappy looking bloke.
 
I found this when excavating a Neolithic layer in the side of an ancient ditch near where I live, which has also yielded a few flint artefacts. Entirely natural, but I like to think that it may have been curated by someone who saw what I saw.

View attachment 2259226
Pretty cool rock, looks like a artifact maybe someone might of carved a face. Very interesting piece.
 
I think the whole “portable rock art” collecting thing is a result of people dying to find authentic artifacts but are unable to. Until a rock is altered by man, with pecking, grinding and polishing, it’s just a rock. No evidence that a person even touched it is possible. There are dozens of websites with people claiming plain rocks are artifacts. It’s sad that people will fall for this bogus scam.
 
I think the whole “portable rock art” collecting thing is a result of people dying to find authentic artifacts but are unable to. Until a rock is altered by man, with pecking, grinding and polishing, it’s just a rock. No evidence that a person even touched it is possible. There are dozens of websites with people claiming plain rocks are artifacts. It’s sad that people will fall for this bogus scam.
I think your right about what you said Todd, till you know someone carved the rock then it's an artifact. What I looked up for my RockFace Nathan it that
Finding it on a beach and seeing no signs of carving or polishing makes it more likely to be a naturally weathered stone than a ceremonial or archaeological "shaman's stone."
The surf, sand, and constant abrasion of waves can shape stones into remarkably lifelike forms over many years. If it's completely natural, it has real artistic appeal as a one-of-a-kind pareidolia discovery. Some one said it looks like a shamans stone, A stone that resembles the face of a shaman or elder, often inspiring a spiritual or mystical feeling.
Well, I'm going to take it to our college & find out what the geology has to say exactly what Rockface Nathan really is.Stay tuned for the update on Rockface Nathan.
20260603_003825.webp
 
...indeed... artifacts are not easy to find, most of us have spent YEARS, (decades) wandering around very specific areas to gain knowledge of our local areas. We have learned how to spot potential habitation or hunting hotspots, learned how to identify types of stone, signs of work, styles of flaking, on and on and on. We all have very specific spots we go back to, being very careful to obey laws, and to guard places to discourage looters. Some of my spots are easy to get to, but unrecognized, others or are very difficult to get to just take a very long walk. But being knowledgeable about the native culture of the area, really helps identify where folk actually were living. A couple of very common mistakes folk make are... assuming Native people were all the same, with the same beliefs, cultures, identity, lifestyle... boy howdy that is wrong. Another mistake is that these folk had the skill level of Fred Flintstone when it came to making tools or objects.
 
.Another mistake is that these folk had the skill level of Fred Flintstone when it came to making tools or objects.
Agree. I could not imagine myself having the skill to knap a point from a chunk of rock and my hats off to those that can. Of course starving was a pretty good incentive to learning back then.
 
there is a great book about Captain Bonneville's treck to the PNW west coast in the 1830's, (by Washington Irving)... in it he describes a couple of native men tracking down a deer, following it to exhaustion, and returning with the kill. All they had with them was a pointed stick.
 
Rick, @Rick Elias
I found this photo of rock faces and thought of you, I'm sure you would appreciate them, these are all natural and in a Japanese collection.


1783715764850.webp
 
Last edited:
there is a great book about Captain Bonneville's treck to the PNW west coast in the 1830's, (by Washington Irving)... in it he describes a couple of native men tracking down a deer, following it to exhaustion, and returning with the kill. All they had with them was a pointed stick.
By chance was it "The Adventures of Captain Bonneville"?
 
Rick,

I found this photo of rock faces and thought of you, I'm sure you would appreciate them, these are all natural and in a Japanese collection.


View attachment 2259291
Thank you Seeker for the info, gives me ideas💡
 
I had a few bong hits....... Now the damn doberman is talking to me !!!! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Better gets some help bro, wood can't talk and neither can dogs, well except for Scooby...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom