What's new

one of my favorites....

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
952
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
"Butted Knife" Biface

Found this "fist ax" years ago. I could still butcher a deer with this one.

dsc00316e.jpg


dsc00319p.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Isn't that what is refered to as a Kerrville Knife?

Very nice piece. Thanks for the pictures.
 
looks like a used up Kerrville to me. When 100% complete they seem to resemble a megaladon shark tooth, hahaha. Great find, I am from texas and have found some pieces similar to the Kerrville knife, but more along the lines of a chopper.. Great find, wish I have found one, I guess I need to take a trip to my friends house in Kerrville and go exploring...
 
from my info...central and south central Texas and lower Pecos./ Period: Late Archaic, ca. 650 B.C. - 300 B.C. "Kerrville knife" fits right in there.
I might call this one "Brown County Knife". ;D

BW
 
I say lets ham out some of those Texas deer with that .I am sure it would appreciate be re-activated.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom