What's new

One of my most unusual finds

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
3,850
Golden Thread
1
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow: I found this today at an old high school I've been hunting for the last 16 years. It rang up on my etrac at 12-39 at 6" deep, when I popped it out of the hole, I thought it was a blob of lead. When I flipped it over I could see the stars around the edge and I knew I had a V-nickle. I think the 3rd one is a v-nickle as well. I thought it was lead until I started putting some heat on them, needless to say I'll never know because I toasted them with too much heat, it wasn't lead, looked like they had been welded together with a brazing rod. Luckily I took a few pictures, something told me not to do what I tried, but, alas, I did, my bad.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6832.webp
    IMG_6832.webp
    333.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6834.webp
    IMG_6834.webp
    407.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6835.webp
    IMG_6835.webp
    682.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20160710_114423093.webp
    IMG_20160710_114423093.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20160710_114506197_HDR.webp
    IMG_20160710_114506197_HDR.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 163
Upvote 26
Live and learn that is a cool find Id put that in my display case if I found it Good find!!!
 
Any chance (maybe) that they were in a fire within an old building long gone now...?
 
One of a kind for sure !!! That is cool !!
 
The school is still there, I can see a V on 2 that I was able to get apart, so, I know there were 3 for sure. I knew better :dontknow:
 
Very interesting stack of nickles! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom