What's new

One of our best evenings so far

deerhuntinghippie

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
290
Reaction score
493
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my dad had one of our best evenings of detecting last weekend. He found a lock plate to a civil war flintlock (at least that's what everyone is telling me) I found a good bit of civil war lead and the most surprising find of all was the huge 1886 Morgan Dollar. This thing is in unbelievable condition other than the creek patina. I spent a lot of time on the video. Hope yall enjoy.
https://youtu.be/knVzFX4PTro

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
Upvote 18
Congrats on huge old silver and other artifacts. Enjoyed the video
 
That's great!! Hard to find someone to detect with
 
That's great!! Hard to find someone to detect with
Indeed it is. Thanks for checking it out!

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
By the way, here is a few pictures for those who don't like links.
7fadb2a8e89fea6a3540daf61c452f92.jpg
053a6c4ecdce3ab7522f37eac58df5c4.jpg


Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
Thanks for posting the photo, Zach. That 1892 quarter looks good from where I'm sitting, too!
 
Thanks for posting the photo, Zach. That 1892 quarter looks good from where I'm sitting, too!
I always forget to throw pictures up. Never hesitate to remind me. I have ADHD and I'm all over the place.
But yeah, that quarter was a huge surprise. I left some of the dirt on because I didn't want to scratch it.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
By the way, here is a few pictures for those who don't like links.
7fadb2a8e89fea6a3540daf61c452f92.jpg
053a6c4ecdce3ab7522f37eac58df5c4.jpg


Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
Thanks for the pictures. I have nothing against video, just don't always want take the time. Nice finds.

HH RN
 
Thanks for the pictures. I have nothing against video, just don't always want take the time. Nice finds.

HH RN
No problem man. Thanks.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
That dollar is a great find. Just a typical southern boy doing his thing. Thanks for posting.
 
Sweet hunt.
Glad that you and Dad spent some quality time together
Congrats on the Silver, especially the Morgan Dollar
 
That dollar is a great find. Just a typical southern boy doing his thing. Thanks for posting.
Thanks so much man!

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
Sweet hunt.
Glad that you and Dad spent some quality time together
Congrats on the Silver, especially the Morgan Dollar
Thanks so much!

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
those old ladies should clean up nicely
 
The piece you thought that looked like a part of a gun is in fact a flintlock lock.
 
The piece you thought that looked like a part of a gun is in fact a flintlock lock.
Thanks for the feedback. The guys on youtube were real quick to let me know that I was under enthused about my dad's find ha. I had no idea they had screws like that back then.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom