One of the best buttons I've ever found in illinois (Revolutionary War)

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hit a new permission today in the county north
1000000303.jpg
1000000302.jpg
of me an walked over an hour before I was able to locate the old how site! The below button is the first target that I dug and couldn't believe what I had recovered! Found 2 silver wash buttons and both were military! Found the bottom of a pontile bottle this tells me how old of a site it was. Any help with information on the recoveries would be appreciated.
1000000304.jpg

Upvote 30
I'm no button expert and I'm sure others will chime in but I think you have a war of 1812 regiment button and an Infantry coat button? Whether I'm right or wrong, those are AMAZING! CONGRATS!!!

Hit a new permission today in the county north View attachment 2120259View attachment 2120260of me a walked over an hour before I was able to locate the old how site! The below button is the first target that I dug and couldn't believe what I had recovered! Found 2 silver wash buttons and both were military! Found the bottom of a pontile bottle this tells me how old of a site it was. Any help with information on the recoveries would be appreciated. View attachment 2120257
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!

Hit a new permission today in the county north View attachment 2120259View attachment 2120260of me an walked over an hour before I was able to locate the old how site! The below button is the first target that I dug and couldn't believe what I had recovered! Found 2 silver wash buttons and both were military! Found the bottom of a pontile bottle this tells me how old of a site it was. Any help with information on the recoveries would be appreciated. View attachment 2120257

Those are incredible finds for Illinois! I grew up there and If I find anything over 100 years old, I am amazed

I'm no button expert and I'm sure others will chime in but I think you have a war of 1812 regiment button and an Infantry coat button? Whether I'm right or wrong, those are AMAZING! CONGRATS!!!
Thanks for the information on the buttons , so do you feel that the Infantry button is also a Rev. One

Do the buttons have backmarks on them? The last button you posted with U.S.I. on it is a 1st regiment Infantry officers one and dates circa 1820. Is the first one 1 or 2 piece?

Do the buttons have backmarks on them? The last button you posted with U.S.I. on it is a 1st regiment Infantry officers one and dates circa 1820. Is the first one 1 or 2 piece?
No back marks on either one of them that I can make out, they are both 1 piece buttons, so they are not Rev. War buttons then?

Hit a new permission today in the county north View attachment 2120259View attachment 2120260of me a walked over an hour before I was able to locate the old how site! The below button is the first target that I dug and couldn't believe what I had recovered! Found 2 silver wash buttons and both were military! Found the bottom of a pontile bottle this tells me how old of a site it was. Any help with information on the recoveries would be appreciated. View attachment 2120257
Great finds. Especially for Illinois. I have found about three war of 1812 buttons in northern Illinois over the last 20 years. What a thrill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back