One of the best buttons I've ever found in illinois (Revolutionary War)

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hit a new permission today in the county north
1000000303.jpg
1000000302.jpg
of me an walked over an hour before I was able to locate the old how site! The below button is the first target that I dug and couldn't believe what I had recovered! Found 2 silver wash buttons and both were military! Found the bottom of a pontile bottle this tells me how old of a site it was. Any help with information on the recoveries would be appreciated.
1000000304.jpg

Upvote 30

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm no button expert and I'm sure others will chime in but I think you have a war of 1812 regiment button and an Infantry coat button? Whether I'm right or wrong, those are AMAZING! CONGRATS!!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new permission today in the county north View attachment 2120259 View attachment 2120260 of me a walked over an hour before I was able to locate the old how site! The below button is the first target that I dug and couldn't believe what I had recovered! Found 2 silver wash buttons and both were military! Found the bottom of a pontile bottle this tells me how old of a site it was. Any help with information on the recoveries would be appreciated. View attachment 2120257
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new permission today in the county north View attachment 2120259 View attachment 2120260 of me an walked over an hour before I was able to locate the old how site! The below button is the first target that I dug and couldn't believe what I had recovered! Found 2 silver wash buttons and both were military! Found the bottom of a pontile bottle this tells me how old of a site it was. Any help with information on the recoveries would be appreciated. View attachment 2120257

Those are incredible finds for Illinois! I grew up there and If I find anything over 100 years old, I am amazed

OP
OP
Oldrvrrat57

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm no button expert and I'm sure others will chime in but I think you have a war of 1812 regiment button and an Infantry coat button? Whether I'm right or wrong, those are AMAZING! CONGRATS!!!
Thanks for the information on the buttons , so do you feel that the Infantry button is also a Rev. One

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the buttons have backmarks on them? The last button you posted with U.S.I. on it is a 1st regiment Infantry officers one and dates circa 1820. Is the first one 1 or 2 piece?

OP
OP
Oldrvrrat57

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do the buttons have backmarks on them? The last button you posted with U.S.I. on it is a 1st regiment Infantry officers one and dates circa 1820. Is the first one 1 or 2 piece?
No back marks on either one of them that I can make out, they are both 1 piece buttons, so they are not Rev. War buttons then?

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new permission today in the county north View attachment 2120259 View attachment 2120260 of me a walked over an hour before I was able to locate the old how site! The below button is the first target that I dug and couldn't believe what I had recovered! Found 2 silver wash buttons and both were military! Found the bottom of a pontile bottle this tells me how old of a site it was. Any help with information on the recoveries would be appreciated. View attachment 2120257
Great finds. Especially for Illinois. I have found about three war of 1812 buttons in northern Illinois over the last 20 years. What a thrill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread