What's new

One of the SWEETEST finds in 25 years

Metal Illness

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
612
Reaction score
722
Golden Thread
0
Location
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 25 years of walking the farm fields here in SW Ohio this is one of my best finds ever! I was actually detecting an old home site and was on the way to the truck when I saw it. I have found a half dozen or so pieces while I have been there detecting. One of them is actually a blade right at 4 inches long. I'll include a picture of it, it is made from 4 mile Creek chert. I'm also including a picture of another blade I found just 4-5 days before I found the giant white blade. (same site) The new one from yesterday, I believe is a Kirk Corner Notch and it is made form Indiana Hornstone. I was totally blown away when I pulled it out of the dirt clod as it is the exception to the rule. the rule being so many Artifacts are either primitive breaks or machinery break from years of working the fields. This baby measures just a tad over 3 inches and the Needle tip is in tact. I'm still pretty stoked, enjoy and thanks for viewing!!
 

Attachments

  • 20170421_142816 (1).webp
    20170421_142816 (1).webp
    93.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 20170421_190218 (1).webp
    20170421_190218 (1).webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 20170421_190247 (1).webp
    20170421_190247 (1).webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 20170118_145606.webp
    20170118_145606.webp
    141.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20170118_192928.webp
    20170118_192928.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Upvote 0
HAHA!!! CRJ I can relate. Metal Illness -- incredible find & great insitu photo. I'm curious about that old township map too, what year is it from?

It is from 1875, It's a Montgomery Co. Ohio Atlas I also have a County map from 1851, it does not have the individual townships.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom