What's new

One of these is not like the other!

Mahskeeter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2016
Messages
70
Reaction score
97
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy,

It's been a bit since I posted, but I've been at it still every couple days. I managed that silver quarter the other day. I haven't seen one of those before so when I was holding it looking I yelled at my buddy to look. Super cool! In a small park about 6 inches down.

I set a goal for one more Silver before the ground freezes. I really would love to find a Merc! I'm already starting to think about spring and we haven't even frozen yet.

P.S. I've really been doing well lately avoiding bottle caps. I happy to report it gets better! (Just like we're told) 20161101_153716edit.webp


Good evening,

Scott
 
Great finds! Lovely quarter!

A good way to determine if its a bottle cap (those 0 - 3") is to raise the coil as you sweep. If the VDI is 93-95 (18khz) starts to go down, its always a bottle cap. Quarters will always remain a solid VDI number as you raise the coil. Deeper ones are a little trickier, I dig those anyways just to be safe.
 
I completely agree. The deeper completely rusted ones have gotten me a few times.

Oddly enough that silver quarter didn't hit as hard as some of the clad ones I find. I almost didn't dig it.

I'm learning every day and having a ton of fun!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
 
Nice pull! Silver quarters are getting extrememly hard to find in parks, imo.

Dig those iffy's! HH ALL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom