Can still remember when I was a kid.....my Dad used to take us on Sunday rides up into the mountains of eastern Oregon.
Remember one winter, we were riding on the highway, and Dad suddenly stopped, said, "look up the hill." I looked and saw
a pack of coyotes taking down a full-grown deer......had the deer in some deep snow, and they were working it over, pack-style.
I don't hunt them.....because I am in a country that doesn't have them. If I had stock, I would know that they were one
of the enemies of the stock I had, and, like one of the other comments, as long as they left me alone I would leave them alone.
But, first one of my stock that they took down, I'd tell my neighbors, and start packing a rifle in my pickup. Wouldn't hate
them if I killed them......but I'd kill them.
Now, because they are in the dog family, I would like to try to catch a young coyote, and raise it away from its natural habitat,
and see if it would tame down like a regular dog. Be interesting to me to find out. (Some wild cats do, and make swell pets.
Minks don't.......the first conscious thought a mink has it to find something meaty, kill it, and eat it. They DON'T make pets.....
they stay wild.)