What's new

One room schoolhouse hunt #3 yields a few Indians, V nickel and possible token

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got back to the one room schoolhouse that has treated me pretty well the first two visits. I got three toasted wheaties, 1905 V nickel and 1879 and 1907 Indian heads. I also got a token? That says E.W. England Rockville MD 1899. Also got a button? And watch winder?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    650.8 KB · Views: 103
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    195.4 KB · Views: 95
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    195.8 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 16
Man those are toasted but cool. Love the winder. Congrats!
 
Man those are toasted but cool. Love the winder. Congrats!

The first pic is pre cleaning. IHP's cleaned up ok but wheaties never fair to well for me. Nickels don't fair too well either but I can at least get dates off most
 
Last edited:
Great token! Think winder is for a mantle clock or music box. Hem weight in the mix and some nice coins! Hard to top that amazing pomander!! I'd be digging everything at that site!!
 
Great token! Think winder is for a mantle clock or music box. Hem weight in the mix and some nice coins! Hard to top that amazing pomander!! I'd be digging everything at that site!!

I didn't dig the pomander here. This was actually one of the few hunts lately where I've ventured away from the pomander site
 
Nice hunt there toasted, Congrats on pulling all those keepers. :occasion14: I have been pulling a lot of IHPs lately. Last year I only pulled one, pulled 10 so far this year. The V nickle has still evaded my coil...
 
Nice hunt there toasted, Congrats on pulling all those keepers. :occasion14: I have been pulling a lot of IHPs lately. Last year I only pulled one, pulled 10 so far this year. The V nickle has still evaded my coil...

Thanks. Today was IHP number 10 and 11 for me. All different years. I'd take one seated silver over all of them though
 
Mighty fine finds ! MD boot camp were old school grounds .:laughing7:
 
The item you describe as a button, is actually a hem weight. They were sewn into the bottom of a women's dress to keep them down & looking straight. Also in case of a strong breeze. I suppose it could have been repurposed as a button, after its original use.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom