Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I got out a little bit over the weekend. P@tch, Smittyman and I went to a new spot, apparently everyone else beat us to this spot, because we only found a few good targets... and the other boys told us that they had already hunted it.

In the first hole, P@tch gets a '17 Merc... I just knew it wasn't going to be my day. However, I kept plugging along. Within the first half hour, this nugget showed up, and I could tell right away that it was a silver ring. YTD silver rings: 11.

IMG_20170826_083542_731.jpg

I hit it with the digger AND the lawnmower got after it before I found it. So it's a little bit janky. It has a "ND" makers mark inside. I am not smart enough to figure out who made it though.

IMG_20170827_161632_918-1.jpg IMG_20170827_161724_834-1.jpg

I also managed to find a token from the Pavilion in Myrtle Beach. I am sure that all you rednecks remember going there when you were a kid, and riding The Swamp Fox roller coaster. It is a true piece of Carolina history.

IMG_20170827_160922_018-1.jpg

P@tch pointed out that there were some old bottles laying around on the ground. He was giving me a hint to open my eyes. He got a couple of cork tops before I caught on. I did manage to eye ball this little Lysol corkie.

IMG_20170827_161907_294-1.jpg

Thanks for looking, and best of luck on your hunts!

Last edited:
Upvote 36

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks JC. Hope you are doing well sir.

Someone made a comment yesterday, that they had 9 silver rings in 4 years... and I got more than that in 6 months. I attribute it to digging a lot of holes. The rings usually don't sound good unless they are large, then you can hear them well. I try to dig a lot of holes, especially in the trashy areas that I hunt. Most of my good targets are NOT good signals, or someone else would have dug them already. So the only way I ever get anything good is to dig the signals the lazy people pass over.

I hear you, if it weren't for "iffy" targets, I'd have no targets at all haha. Definitely increases the odds when you dig a lot of holes and it is surely paying off for you!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring Tom, congratulations. Are there any other markings inside besides the ND? I could not find an ND on the Native American jewelry hallmark site. Maybe an old Mexican biker ring?:dontknow: Sub 8-)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very manly aggressively cool silver ring. Nice childhood memories token. The bottle is a nice old relic too. I'd be more than content with those finds. Zero silver rings for the year here and I do dig lots of garbage iffy signals.:icon_thumright:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds my friend. I love the sound of those big silver rings. Way to go Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet ring Tom, congratulations. Are there any other markings inside besides the ND? I could not find an ND on the Native American jewelry hallmark site. Maybe an old Mexican biker ring?:dontknow: Sub 8-)

Inside the band it has "925" and "ND"... nice deep hallmarks too. It's a cast ring, as opposed to sheet silver. It's modern, and not Mexican or Native American made (unfortunately). It has those little "cuts" in it, like the blingy urban jewelry has in it... so that it catches the light. It is relatively modern and urban... much to my chagrin. It's silver, so it's all good with me.

Thanks Sub!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! The ring and token are awesome.. :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks JC. Hope you are doing well sir.

Someone made a comment yesterday, that they had 9 silver rings in 4 years... and I got more than that in 6 months. I attribute it to digging a lot of holes. The rings usually don't sound good unless they are large, then you can hear them well. I try to dig a lot of holes, especially in the trashy areas that I hunt. Most of my good targets are NOT good signals, or someone else would have dug them already. So the only way I ever get anything good is to dig the signals the lazy people pass over.

I have to agree with you that a lot of them don't appear to be good or great targets. I am usually surprised that they were actually a ring because I am usually expecting a lot less

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a unique bottle.
Nice hunt

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The ring was the find of the day for sure. Kind of miss the urban hunting once in while when I view the honkers like this one being pulled from the soils. Well done Tom!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! You're like the silver ring magnet this year! Keep up the good work my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread