What's new

One Sterling Ring, One Bling Ring Salvaged From a Football Field.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a school that has an old football field on the property today. This field has already given me a man's gold wedding band earlier this month. Today, I got a VDI bouncing in the low 80's on the ATPro out in the middle of the field. Low and behold, there was a man's sterling band at the bottom of the hole, six inches down. :hello2: It is marked, "Sterling." It looks like it was cut by a saw to allow for an expanding finger.:laughing7:

Over on the sideline, I unearthed a nice heart-shaped with rhinestone ring, that may be plated. Also scored a fist full of clad, including a 1972 half dollar, which amazes me that it was still in the ground, as our area is hunted hard.

Thanks for looking, always a good day when we can add a little silver to the pile!

Happy Hunting, Sub
 

Attachments

  • sterlingband1.webp
    sterlingband1.webp
    37 KB · Views: 166
  • sterlingband2.webp
    sterlingband2.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 133
  • sterlingband3.webp
    sterlingband3.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 133
  • sterlingband4.webp
    sterlingband4.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 18
Nice silver !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:
 
Great rings!, the 1st one is a honker!
 
Sweet rings Savvvesss ! :occasion14:
 
Great hunt!!

I went to a local high school Sunday planning on detecting the football field. The school is re-doing the entire field, it has low spots where the water lays when it rains.
I chickened out when I saw the entire field was already marked and staked out in a grid pattern?
 
Great hunt!!

I went to a local high school Sunday planning on detecting the football field. The school is re-doing the entire field, it has low spots where the water lays when it rains.
I chickened out when I saw the entire field was already marked and staked out in a grid pattern?

Good move, Deershed, the old football field that I found these rings in is no longer used for sports, in fact, it is just a lawn fronting the main street (with old battered goal posts.) Like you did, I would respect the construction grids and find another place. Sub 8-)
 
Nice bling on that heart ring, that is a pretty chunky sterling ring too. Metal detect there while you can and recover the rest of the cool stuff buried there! :)
 
Some nice Jewelry there, I heard that if it is marked only Sterling it is older (mid 60-70), It was later they started to stamp 925 on silver...nice finds
 
Nice silver ring finds! Congrats!

They dug up the land surrounding city hall here...they also fenced it off and posted no trespassing signs! Darn it!!! All I could do was drive by and drool!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom