One Sterling Ring, One Bling Ring Salvaged From a Football Field.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a school that has an old football field on the property today. This field has already given me a man's gold wedding band earlier this month. Today, I got a VDI bouncing in the low 80's on the ATPro out in the middle of the field. Low and behold, there was a man's sterling band at the bottom of the hole, six inches down. :hello2: It is marked, "Sterling." It looks like it was cut by a saw to allow for an expanding finger.:laughing7:

Over on the sideline, I unearthed a nice heart-shaped with rhinestone ring, that may be plated. Also scored a fist full of clad, including a 1972 half dollar, which amazes me that it was still in the ground, as our area is hunted hard.

Thanks for looking, always a good day when we can add a little silver to the pile!

Happy Hunting, Sub

Attachments

• sterlingband1.JPG
    sterlingband1.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 124
  • sterlingband2.JPG
    sterlingband2.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 114
  • sterlingband3.JPG
    sterlingband3.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 111
  • sterlingband4.JPG
    sterlingband4.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 9
Great rings!, the 1st one is a honker!

Sweet rings Savvvesss ! :occasion14:

Great hunt!!

I went to a local high school Sunday planning on detecting the football field. The school is re-doing the entire field, it has low spots where the water lays when it rains.
I chickened out when I saw the entire field was already marked and staked out in a grid pattern?

Great hunt!!

I went to a local high school Sunday planning on detecting the football field. The school is re-doing the entire field, it has low spots where the water lays when it rains.
I chickened out when I saw the entire field was already marked and staked out in a grid pattern?

Good move, Deershed, the old football field that I found these rings in is no longer used for sports, in fact, it is just a lawn fronting the main street (with old battered goal posts.) Like you did, I would respect the construction grids and find another place. Sub 8-)

Nice bling on that heart ring, that is a pretty chunky sterling ring too. Metal detect there while you can and recover the rest of the cool stuff buried there! :)

Some nice Jewelry there, I heard that if it is marked only Sterling it is older (mid 60-70), It was later they started to stamp 925 on silver...nice finds

Nice silver ring finds! Congrats!

They dug up the land surrounding city hall here...they also fenced it off and posted no trespassing signs! Darn it!!! All I could do was drive by and drool!

Pretty bling

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back