CharlesUpstateNY
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Nov 13, 2015
- Messages
- 263
- Reaction score
- 305
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Best I've ever done is a seated dime.View attachment 1611415View attachment 1611416
I can dig super rare colonial coppers, Mass colonials, NJ colonials...there's a guy Mike in Missouri, he challenged me to dig a seated quarter my very first year of detecting...25 years later I have yet to dig one. (face palm)
My nemesis jinxed coin...seated quarter. I have dug all manner of far older and more rare coins, busts, 1700's, seated dimes and half dimes, but can I dig even 1 seated quarter hell no.
Early US coins are fairly rare here in San Diego.
darn it! I do have one 1814 Mexican 1 real coin, 2 large cents (the earliest being 1844), and some early indians, but, no caps, draped, or flowing hair coins. The only 20th century coin I haven't found yet is a Peace dollar. I have found 3 Morgans however. I do have some older coins from other areas of the country and world though......I'm mainly talking about locally found coins. Oh, you mentioned key date/mint mark coins....I did find a 1923S Standing Liberty Quarter with XF details. One of my more valuable found coins.






