What's new

One thing I’m not liking about the 800

Yeah, I spent my first forty years down there in Bogalusa, much of it as an IBEW construction electrician. Dug many a ditch in that blistering sun. Oil refineries, oil rigs, paper mills, steel mills, you name it.

"Dying ain't much of a living..." -Clint Eastwood

Yeah my 2 boys are in college, only because they took after there momma and have high IQ’s, if not I wouldn’t waste my money and their loan money on college, because not everyone is suppose to be in college I’d have them learning a trade. But when one was freshmen, one a sophomore, both working at a grocery store I keep hearing them complaining about the hard work. Well after hearing them whining each week I put both their asses in the truck and brought them to a construction site I use to hunt and showed them what REAL hard workers look like...and they soon realized it surely wasn’t them. Lesson learned no more complaints.
 
You guys can have the summer heat, I keep my house thermostat on 67 year round I like it frosty! Fedex is on my list, the EQ requires a signature so I waited at home ALL DAY for it then at 4:30pm they changed the delivery date to tomorrow.

Same here 67 all year round. We’re air condition people. Good food and a/c all year around.

Damn Fedex!!!
 
Arrrgh another day another Fedex no show, unbelievable.
 
Truth1253, which of the three machines have you enjoyed the most?
 
Arrrgh another day another Fedex no show, unbelievable.

My dealer sent my detector on Wednesday hoping it would arrive by Friday to enable me to take it to a planned outing on the weekend. It arrived in town Thursday night and then sat in the truck Friday and all weekend at the Fedex facility 2 miles from my home. I was not able to retrieve it myseĺf from the facility. They finally delivered it Monday evening. Glad my dealer rushed it out the door Wednesday for nothing.
 
That might just be because that's the one you know the best. Give it some more time... you might have a eureka moment.
 
Well, here's something to ponder. Later this year, consider dumping whatever you have and getting another AT Pro. Enjoyment is the key element in any hobby and if any hobby gets burdensome, that is your '2 minute warning' to do something different. Not every machine is good for every one and it's ok to do whatever is best for you.

The heat and getting up at 4 is keeping me inside this summer, except for weeding out the collection, done inside, and scoping new places for the fall. I'm also allergic to bees and want to avoid those at all costs. So I'm binge watching everything on the net.
 
That might just be because that's the one you know the best. Give it some more time... you might have a eureka moment.

I’ve never one to give up. I know it’s a great machine I have a lot of learning to do. Although calabash I do agree with you on some things I wish they would of done. One is make the hand grip smaller, two is not “grounding out” on big iron or aluminum cans. (Not sure if that’s the correct wording). I have to watch your video again on hunting in iron nails I’m happy you chimed in. Those nails false at 20-21, the exact same vdi as that Bust half dime I found within about 6 square nails, so I think I got lucky, but I’ll take it any way I can get it.
 
Well, here's something to ponder. Later this year, consider dumping whatever you have and getting another AT Pro. Enjoyment is the key element in any hobby and if any hobby gets burdensome, that is your '2 minute warning' to do something different. Not every machine is good for every one and it's ok to do whatever is best for you.

The heat and getting up at 4 is keeping me inside this summer, except for weeding out the collection, done inside, and scoping new places for the fall. I'm also allergic to bees and want to avoid those at all costs. So I'm binge watching everything on the net.

I enjoyed it but unfortunately good targets where I go are deep needing larger coils which I cannot handle anymore...to heavy.
 
Well, here's something to ponder. Later this year, consider dumping whatever you have and getting another AT Pro. Enjoyment is the key element in any hobby and if any hobby gets burdensome, that is your '2 minute warning' to do something different. Not every machine is good for every one and it's ok to do whatever is best for you.

The heat and getting up at 4 is keeping me inside this summer, except for weeding out the collection, done inside, and scoping new places for the fall. I'm also allergic to bees and want to avoid those at all costs. So I'm binge watching everything on the net.

Yeah I with you I’m finding my hunting times are getting shorter and shorter I just can’t take the heat.
 
I can't do any machine heavier than the Cibola just over 2 pounds anymore. If that arm goes, trying to swing something nobody needs to swing, I'm done! And I'm not ready to be done now.
 
That might just be because that's the one you know the best. Give it some more time... you might have a eureka moment.

^^^ what calabash said. I'm an Explorer Se Pro GOD!! Purchased the Deus and wanted to javelin toss it across the field the first 3 weeks. Then the HF round coil arrived and things improved somewhat. I'm still a total noob amateur with the Deus but at least I don't want to accidently on purpose back over it with my Ford F350 diesel truck.
 
My dealer sent my detector on Wednesday hoping it would arrive by Friday to enable me to take it to a planned outing on the weekend. It arrived in town Thursday night and then sat in the truck Friday and all weekend at the Fedex facility 2 miles from my home. I was not able to retrieve it myseĺf from the facility. They finally delivered it Monday evening. Glad my dealer rushed it out the door Wednesday for nothing.

Yeah really disappointed in Fedex. Today there's no scheduled delivery date at all, I think they lost it, stole it, or destroyed it, it shipped 10 days ago.
 
My next one will be a Deus and then I’m done...really I mean it....done. Equinox and a Deus makes truth a happy man.

"a walk through time shows the horizon revels new things.things one must have. for one to say one will ul·ti·mate·ly will be sat·is·fied with ones future only shows,
one does not have their vision focused on the horizon. fuceye 2018"

not:retirement allowed me to drink a lot. enjoy.:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
SHOCKED FACE the EQ800 was delivered today. Fortunately...its the hottest day of the year so far 100 degrees /SARCASM
 
At least you got it this year. Hopefully it's insides didn't melt in the mail.
 
At least you got it this year. Hopefully it's insides didn't melt in the mail.

Seems fine, the outer box was flawless no damage. I'm going to go put it on the charger and do my small gold test tonight after it cools off.
 
SHOCKED FACE the EQ800 was delivered today. Fortunately...its the hottest day of the year so far 100 degrees /SARCASM

Keep it in the refrigerator. Seriously, hope you can get out with it soon. Don't challenge it right off the bat or you may have a second javelin or potential road kill on your hands, lol. I was not impressed my first few times out. It clicked for me on a beach run and then found its groove with several relic hunts. Forced myself to not just go back to the Deus. Now I use them both with good success.
 
Keep it in the refrigerator. Seriously, hope you can get out with it soon. Don't challenge it right off the bat or you may have a second javelin or potential road kill on your hands, lol. I was not impressed my first few times out. It clicked for me on a beach run and then found its groove with several relic hunts. Forced myself to not just go back to the Deus. Now I use them both with good success.

Don't challenge it, its a Minelab it will bend to my will. You there EQ800 on your knees! lol
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom