Only 1 keeper, but it was a bucket lister for me.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's find but...

I was gridding out a trashy area I've gone over many MANY times.
I've pulled some keepers out of this area in the past, but lately it's dried up. (I don't count clad as keepers.)
Put the 11" coil back on the Equinox 600 and pushed the sensitivity up to 24. I was in Field 2, 50 tones, horseshoe on, FE=0, F2=2, recovery speed 2.

Got a 10" one way signal that was repeatedly good on 2 swings, then blipped iron on the 3rd swing. Called my buddy over to check it out with his Legend but it didn't pick it up. He was in Park mode. He switched to Field and made some adjustments then was getting what I was getting, but it didn't flash iron at all. Just a good deep signal.

Popped a plug and the target was on the bottom perfectly in the middle. It was a measured 9" down.

1834 capped bust half dime. My first capped bust.

IMG_6378.jpg
IMG_6379.jpg
IMG_6380.jpg
IMG_6381.jpg

Upvote 77
Yesterday's find but...

I've pulled some keepers out of this area in the past, but lately it's dried up. (I don't count clad as keepers.)
Put the 11" coil back on the Equinox 600 and pushed the sensitivity up to 24. I was in Field 2, 50 tones, horseshoe on, FE=0, F2=2, recovery speed 2.

Got a 10" one way signal that was repeatedly good on 2 swings, then blipped iron on the 3rd swing. Called my buddy over to check it out with his Legend but it didn't pick it up. He was in Park mode. He switched to Field and made some adjustments then was getting what I was getting, but it didn't flash iron at all. Just a good deep signal.

Popped a plug and the target was on the bottom perfectly in the middle. It was a measured 9" down.

View attachment 2133677View attachment 2133678View attachment 2133682View attachment 2133683
That's a beauty! Nice recovery!

10" one way signal that was repeatedly good on 2 swings, then blipped iron on the 3rd swing.
My Equinox 800 does this also. I turned the F2 up to 4 or 6. Then scan the target from multiple angles, as long as I don't get consistent -1 to -4 from different angles or the target "moves", I dig it. I've scanned a target for almost 5 minutes. Bent nails (vdi 27-34, same as silvers I've found) and 200 year old horseshoe nails (vdi 18-24, same as coppers, especially byzantine coins) wreak the most havoc. Currently I am working a field that I have gone over at 4 or 5 times, I find something I probably scanned over and brushed it off as iron. My last find was a byzantine coin from 650s and I dug it 3 feet from a hole I dug a week before.

The iron bias settings are very sensitive to iron content if the soil. Especially when you live at the base of an active volcano. My pinpointer rings in the lava rocks.

Yesterday's find but...

View attachment 2133677View attachment 2133678View attachment 2133682View attachment 2133683
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!

Yesterday's find but...

Congrats. Thats still on my bucket list

Congrats on a really nice find ! No place is ever really hunted out, just the angle of attack :) Yeah

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back