Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted an old gravel parking lot where I've done pretty good in the past.
Pulled about 50 old beavertail pull tabs, a 1945 wheat, a 1948-s dime and a 1944 half dollar.
IMG_6598.jpg
IMG_6599.jpg

Upvote 47
I thought about digging in gravel. This old homesite I can do partially is in a church gravel lot. I just didn't know how much gravel and if I can even get to soft dirt without exhausting myself

I bet it was hard digging but well worth it! Congrats on the Nice silver and your big number 10 on the half!

Nice. I would think digging items out of a gravel parking lot would not be fun.
It hasn't really been driven on for many years so the ground isn't really that compacted. I just drag a little rock pick to loosen things up and scoop it out with a gloved hand, pretty easy really.

It hasn't really been driven on for many years so the ground isn't really that compacted. I just drag a little rock pick to loosen things up and scoop it out with a gloved hand, pretty easy really.
Thanks for that tip on getting through the gravel. :icon_thumright: I will have to carry a small pick in my truck too.
Nice job on #10. Thats amazing to say the least.
MM

Very nice and congrats on the beavertails :) Takes a lot of patience to dig them all :) I give you a LOT OF CREDIT !! I do not have that much patience

Very nice and congrats on the beavertails :) Takes a lot of patience to dig them all :) I give you a LOT OF CREDIT !! I do not have that much patience
Every once in a while one of those beavertail beeps turns out to be gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back