Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• 14K PF (600 x 450).jpg
    14K PF (600 x 450).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
Private First Class ;D ;D ??? Maybe it belong to Gomer Pyle.... Great find there Ralph... Guzz1

Gollllly, Sarge he found my wedding ring. LOL

guzz1 said:
Private First Class ;D ;D ??? Maybe it belong to Gomer Pyle.... Great find there Ralph... Guzz1

Side note. It sounded exactly like canslaw, I almost didn't dig.
Found right in the swash.

good thing ya dug it ,,, sometimes the tones will fool ya .... Fine job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gary

Hey Montauk,

I believe it is a mark related to 14K Plum which was a quality mark that was used a couple of decades ago. The F and symbol after it is a maker mark which has since evolved into a little more of a classy look since your ring was made. The P symbol was added back in the 1970's when a purity level was required in gold content. Makers put the P after 14k to show a buyer that their product was compliant with the new standard. After a while, the symbol faded away from use due to lack of interest. Here is a ring I found earlier this year from the same maker. Mine is white gold 14k and has the copyright symbol in the location where yours has a P. The copyright precedes the Maker Mark.

Yours is definetly 14K and a legit ring.

DaChief

Attachments

• F Mark.jpg
    F Mark.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 189
  • F Mark.jpg
    F Mark.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 181
Montauk3, nice find. That's why I just about dig all signals. The best ring I ever found was amongst a million pulltabs. I was the only one to dig them, everyone else kept on going.

DaChief, thanks for teaching me something new today. That's why I love this forum. Between everybody, the knowledge that everyone has helps out a lot, especially for questions like this.

HH

DaChief, I thank you sir for the info. I looked at an old pinky ring that I purchased in the 70's. Sho nuff. 14K P.

Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back