Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I think it's a great idea to promote having live bodies in dumpsters instead of just dead ones! ;D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
I think it's a great idea to promote having live bodies in dumpsters instead of just dead ones! ;D

Yeah, not too many bodies are recovered from the dumpsters in NYC nowadays. The East River is still a pretty heavy dumping ground though. I remember when I was living in Brooklyn, NY there was a pretty large area of swamp and wooded land that ran east out towards Long Island. For some reason developers decided to finally use that land to build a large mall complex and construction was delayed every week recovering bodies. If I am not mistaken the last body count I knew about was somewhere in the 20's

This was a favorite dumping ground for the "Gambino Family", as it was right in the middle of Gotti's turf Queens, and that of Roy De Mayo (Murder Machine) Brooklyn. The DeMeo crew murdered at least 70 people between 1973 and 1983. I am pretty sure that Gotti used this area as well, since it was hidden from view in many areas.

Ahhh, the good old history of NYC

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you that the floating garbage had me rolling, that was a great touch. Again, this would happen only in NY, what a hell of a city :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread