What's new

Only one nickel still missing now.

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I've been needing the 1939D and 1939S nickels as my last two holes to fill my first Whitman book for a while now, but finally came across a 1939S yesterday. now all I need for this first book is the 1939D.

And for the second book I'm only missing the 1939D, the 1939S (the second one), 1938D, 1938S, 1950D and 1955. More holes there than the first one, but at least I found one of the two missing for the first book. :-)

One to go!
 
Upvote 0
You should be able to find the 1939-D because you are in the west.
 
Great Job! Good luck with that last nickel.
I'm way, way behind you! ::)
Steve
 
Almost there! :icon_thumleft:

I've been saving every pre-1960 nickel for 30+ years. I have no idea if I have a full set or not. I need to go through them one of these days.
 
Nicely done.

I've only needed the '39D & '49S for about five months now; to complete my folder.

Good things come to those who wait.

Again, kudos.
 
thurmownator said:
Nicely done.

I've only needed the '39D & '49S for about five months now; to complete my folder.

Good things come to those who wait.

Again, kudos.

49S? Or is that a typo for 39S?

I have 5 of the 1949s, if you want one.
 
You are almost there. I've got a full collection of Jefferson Nickels, but had to buy the 1950-D at a show to complete the set. I may have another 1939-D if you need it. Let me know and I'll go check it out.
rileyboy
 
jrf30 said:
thurmownator said:
Nicely done.

I've only needed the '39D & '49S for about five months now; to complete my folder.

Good things come to those who wait.

Again, kudos.

49S? Or is that a typo for 39S?

I have 5 of the 1949s, if you want one.

It is a '49S and thanks for the generous offer. Give me another few months to see if I can't find one first.
 
rileyboy said:
You are almost there. I've got a full collection of Jefferson Nickels, but had to buy the 1950-D at a show to complete the set. I may have another 1939-D if you need it. Let me know and I'll go check it out.
rileyboy

Thanks too Riley, for your kind offer. Being a purist, let's see if I can't find them on my own first; before accepting your guys generous offers.
 
rileyboy said:
You are almost there. I've got a full collection of Jefferson Nickels, but had to buy the 1950-D at a show to complete the set. I may have another 1939-D if you need it. Let me know and I'll go check it out.
rileyboy

See if you have an extra one. :-) As for the 1950D, I only have one of those, so they are pretty hard to find, but at least i've been lucky enough to get 1.
 
:hello2:
Great Job Your in the home stretch now!!
bring it home!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom