What's new

Opal hunting

dowser

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
1,419
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
Other
I just watched a video of the "Crystal collector" at the Royal Peacock Opal mine, Nevada.
Quite a large area to search I see.
When I get reliable transportation, I am certainly interested in Dowsing for Opals.
THe last signal I bought is Jadite, but I need an Opal for a signal.
The large wood Opals should be strong targets, it would be exciting.
$190 a day to dig, and Dowsing is allowed, I asked.
Has anyone been there?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250818-182148.Facebook.webp
    Screenshot_20250818-182148.Facebook.webp
    100.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20250818-181546.mail.com~3.webp
    Screenshot_20250818-181546.mail.com~3.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 77
There must be money in it, or they wouldn't have anyone to charge.
And maybe it ain't the Opal hunter, but the Opal Dowser that can make money.
Dowsing Opals in an Opal mine wouldn't be difficult .
 
There must be money in it, or they wouldn't have anyone to charge.
And maybe it ain't the Opal hunter, but the Opal Dowser that can make money.
Dowsing Opals in an Opal mine wouldn't be difficult .
Go for it. Seems like an easy score for you.
 
Kind of like water witches back in the day, it was a hit or miss proposition.
 
I'm not shy, when I go I'll invite anyone to see..
 
The Nevada opals tend to break up when dry. Be warned. That's why you don't see many opals from anywhere in vintage jewelry. Ethiopian and Australian opals can do the same.
 
I see they find Black Opalized pine cones.
I've Dowsed pine cones to their trees here, I wonder if I bring a pine cone to use as a signal, I can Dowse others.. Opalized
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250819-091748.Facebook~2.webp
    Screenshot_20250819-091748.Facebook~2.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 66
It would be the Fibonacci pattern I would be Dowsing. I might be able to use the pattern to signal one, millions of years old..
 
The pattern is associated with the Golden ratio and that frequency is 1.618, I've used on plants.
I wasn't planning on using electronics for Opals, but it's a possibility, without a Mineral frequency number for Opal yet.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250819-094457.Google~2.webp
    Screenshot_20250819-094457.Google~2.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 69
If we Replace all the Opal with Gold, a Metal detector could signal it all.
With Dowsing the Opal is signaling., us if we let it.
With Dowsing we get a choice as to witch target to chase, based of its frequency signal line strength.
I've spent time in Arizona in quartz fields, only chasing target lines with sulfides.
The only thing to figure out is Potch Opal strength compared to Black Opal signal strength, might be two weak a difference to differentiate from good stuff.
That why searching for pine cones/pattern which are sometimes black opal, a valuable find, might be the way to go.
I imagine a lot can be missed, and are in the tailing piles, easy pickings..
 
Opal Mountain is west of Barstow and North of Hinkley Ca. If it's still open to the public, there you'll find opals (blue and white and black). Over 50 years ago, I would camp for the weekend on that mountain and hunt opals. Back then, you could easily fill a gunnysack with rocks loaded with veins of opal. Thanks for stirring my memory of good times.
Don in SoCal.
 
Opal Mountain is west of Barstow and North of Hinkley Ca. If it's still open to the public, there you'll find opals (blue and white and black). Over 50 years ago, I would camp for the weekend on that mountain and hunt opals. Back then, you could easily fill a gunnysack with rocks loaded with veins of opal. Thanks for stirring my memory of good times.
Don in SoCal.
What was your target find, Black, or any and every? Is there good money to be made, if a quantity is found?, or a quality piece?
 
Opal Mountain is west of Barstow and North of Hinkley Ca.

I know that country well...although it's been a minute since I was last there. Never
even thought about hunting opals back then.
dohh.webp


Doubt if the opportunity will present itself, but I'd sure love to get back down
in that desert for a week or two.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom