Guys and Gals,
I have several swords I have started conservation I cut a large 80 gallon fuel tank open (Plastic) and have made up two cables with gator clips I have a started a mild treatment 2 amps with "salt away" Negative to the sword positive to the anode which I used a standard steel strapped Aluminium anode , I plan to change them to Zinc and increase to 4 amps in a week. Right now the same shape as the anode and sword have appeared in floating state of salt crystal and garbage directly above the items, pretty neat I will take a pic tonight.
Now for the record:
Thank you Don Kincaid, you are good man and I respect your views I will follow through, Conservator your input albeit appreciated should not state that unless Herb was the man no one else could have as they are fibbers, Don was there and is still a very important person playing a great role in this industry his photographs alone speak volumes, you Conservator are more than likely very well educated and know your avenue of Conservation, your points and opinions are noted and not all 20 year plus vets are dodo`s, some try their best which is more than a lot of governments or archaeologists,I am fresh and young and eager to learn in fact twenty years ago I was a snotty brat, lets put our heads together I like your views, you owe Don an apology at best a beer, I'm going to look for more swords, I will tell you if the handle has a ruby in the base it definitely appears so! Have a good weekend and keep up the info its highly sought after, 99*