I use several detectors but after buying the F2 3 years ago as a back up detector I found that we just "clicked" and I used that more than others most of the time after that.
In the first year and a half I found enough clad and silver and gold to pay for my 2 coil package a few times.
For the last 18 months I mounted and used mostly the sniper coil and proceeded to find about 10 times what I paid for that initial package.
I mounted a 10" coil that I bought and sparingly used and still found more with that including an old rolled gold pocket watch which was just one gold taget I found in 2013 out of 10 that I found total with the F2.
The F4 has the DD coil and that could be advantageous if you have mineralized soil, but in good soil the 10" can usually go just as deep if not a bit deeper but you have to do a little more overlapping.
The manual Ground Balance that the F4 has is a great feature, but keep in mind it only has an effect on the all metal side, when you switch to discrimination the F4 will only use preset settings...just like the F2.
There is no better package than the 2 or 3 coil types that the F2 offers on the market today on any unit near this price point with a screen, or a better value, either.
The target separation and rapid recovery matches most of its more expensive up line cousins in the F series line, and beats so many others at many price points.
The VDI numbers are an incredible and oh so helpful feature and I can't believe that people would choose other detectors near the same price without them.
I was blessed the day I chose and received my F2, and the lessons and language it taught me has transferred completely over to the F70 when I upgraded.