What's new

Options and accessories!?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
1,221
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently purchased a new detector only to find that coil covers, Velcro arm straps, rubber washers are an additional cost. These options Must be included. Peace
 
Maybe post on the Fisher board and you'll get their attention.
 
This is the first I've heard of any company not including arm straps or rubber washers. Coil covers sometimes, but more often not.
luvsdux
 
When I got my F70 I just ordered a Tiger Shark arm strap, and it worked fine. Don't remember exact cost but I think it was some where around $10.
 
Thanks luvsdux, but sadly in my case it's true? Fisher has had multiple problems w coil supports snapping at lower pole. On my new F-70, it seems the coil support has been somewhat strengthened, yet still no rubber washers?
 
Thanks SusanMN. You make my point. A simple $10 piece of Velcro should be included. I went to HomeD and bought 2' for $2.99. ;)
 
Oh wow!...That sounds like some BS to me....hell Even my Garrett came with batteries
 
That's just a little odd, mine came with everything except the coil cover, which I need because I'm a klutz! I'd be asking the company you got it from some questions.
 
My Garrett AT Pro came with arm strap, rubber washers, owners manual, batteries, land headphones, Lesche digging tool, everything except a coil cover.. :icon_thumright:
 
My accessories arrived last night. The coil cover fits, but the rain cover and battery compartment rain cover are questionable. The rain cover for control housing is obviously designed for an F-75, not my F-70? I can't even view, much less use the controls w cover on.
The battery compartments on both machines are same. The cover fits snug, but will surely allow moisture into battery's and/or speaker.
The 3 accessories purchased were just under $50, including shipping. Plus I had to fabricate my own arm strap. I'm disappointed w accessory purchase. Will most likely purchase another brands rain cover or make my own. Till then, it's back to zip locks!
 
Yes Frank, I do. My work consumes most of my time, yet when inclement weather prevails; I dig. Peace
 
Cache Hunter!? If only I could. I barely find time to research the coins n relics I find. I do love metal detecting. Good luck in cache hunting! Peace
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom