Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1270E0D2-31E2-43B7-908F-D74FCEFAE796.jpeg
898B3689-BC4A-40BE-A028-0971528A39B6.jpeg
Got back out to the construction site for a short evening hunt and dug this 10K Gold Lapel Pin that says Freedom, Charity and Friendship. It’s from around 1900, but the fraternity that uses this motto is called the Improved Order of Red Men and its history dates back to before the Revolutionary War. Apparently it’s the oldest fraternity chartered by congress.

Video of the hunt also attached.

Last edited:
Upvote 24

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2023103 View attachment 2023104 Got back out to the construction site for a short evening hunt and dug this 10K Gold Lapel Pin that says Freedom, Charity and Friendship. It’s from around 1900, but the fraternity that uses this motto is called the Improved Order of Red Men and its history dates back to before the Revolutionary War. Apparently it’s the oldest fraternity chartered by congress.

Order of Red Men Gold Lapel Pin found Metal Detecting https://youtu.be/PObhSFyHd7w
That sure is a great find. Congratulations!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The site just keeps giving, nice recovery on the pin. Congrats
I'm not sure if it's on my end, tried with phone and desktop and the video won't load up.
Says the is site down

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if it's on my end, tried with phone and desktop and the video won't load up.
Says the is site down
I will try to edit the video link on my computer later.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2023103 View attachment 2023104 Got back out to the construction site for a short evening hunt and dug this 10K Gold Lapel Pin that says Freedom, Charity and Friendship. It’s from around 1900, but the fraternity that uses this motto is called the Improved Order of Red Men and its history dates back to before the Revolutionary War. Apparently it’s the oldest fraternity chartered by congress.

Order of Red Men Gold Lapel Pin found Metal Detecting https://youtu.be/PObhSFyHd7w
very cool and rare find

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Says the is site down
Video link should work now.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for posting up.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is an unusual find...What a title for a fraternity...

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder if there,s any way to connect it with a given member,like maybe a issue number or some such.Cool find,cooler if you could do that!
The organization is still in operation…oh yeah…!
Can you imagine what it would look like with grown men dressed and acting as Indians…? They did, apparently…!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread